News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Idiots on Airplanes and Other Travel Commentary

Started by fishbrains, June 26, 2022, 01:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaysixteen

What happens if they do not get with the program?

apl68

Quote from: kaysixteen on June 10, 2024, 04:21:14 PMWhat happens if they do not get with the program?

Fortunately a reminder typically does the trick.
God gave Noah the rainbow sign
No more water, but the fire next time
When this world's all on fire
Hide me over, Rock of Ages, cleft for me

Langue_doc

Quote from: bio-nonymous on June 10, 2024, 09:45:37 AMIn the airport could you please use headphones!!!!!!!! NO ONE wants to listen to your music videos. I shouldn't be forced to put on my headphones and crank up the volume to drown out your abysmal taste in music. Likewise to the child playing video games on the parent's phone--turn off the volume or use headphone, please! UGG! Could have been in the rants thread, but WTH! Traveling sucks so bad, but if we could just have some consideration it would make less horrible..

You must not be familiar with our subway system. There are days when I have to listen to loud unmelodic music coming from more than a couple of phones, disharmonious pings coming from kids playing on their electronic devices while mom's on her device, and people having loud conversations, all at the same time on very long subway rides.

kaysixteen

Not to be too much of a provocateur, but if it does not do the trick?

apl68

Quote from: kaysixteen on June 12, 2024, 01:17:04 PMNot to be too much of a provocateur, but if it does not do the trick?

Honestly, I can't think of a case where it didn't.  In some cases they comply and then forget themselves later, and have to be reminded again to keep it down.  I do recall one serial offender who eventually had to be banned from the library, but the ban was for other offenses.
God gave Noah the rainbow sign
No more water, but the fire next time
When this world's all on fire
Hide me over, Rock of Ages, cleft for me