News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

July Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, July 01, 2022, 07:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Three mini-chunks written to be plugged into B.

(One, a suggested spin-off study, might also be worth a short blog post to see if there's interest in it. I don't want to do the work, myself, but I can see how someone with more direct topical interest could make use of the archives I worked from: no-one seems to have considered them, or even knows of them, based on my lit. survey.... This is when having grad students in need of a research topic would be useful.)

No word from my friend-reader yet on A, but they said they'd just started at the end of last week, so hopefully it's just the holiday taking time.

More reading to do on book for review.

Ready, aim...type.

M.

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

sinenomine

I made all my June deadlines, so I'm hoping to keep up the momentum this month:

1. Start a deep dive into reading and drafting to expand a conference paper into an article that's already accepted;
2. Evaluate possible topics for a conference CFP that will post soon.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

Parasaurolophus

Nothing today, I think. Alas.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Late start: just reading today, I think.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 06, 2022, 07:23:15 PM
Late start: just reading today, I think.

Two articles, some of a book.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

I ended up with two meetings and then a student, so today's agenda is forwarded to tomorrow.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

darkstarrynight

Forgive my absence the past few days! It has been an exciting week. The latest issue of the journal I edit came out, which has an article I coauthored in it. I finished a manuscript review a few days ago for one journal. In addition, my first op-ed was publsihed yesterday. I also spent three hours in the library working on my sabbatical project. Today I intend to finish a manuscript review for another journal. I am definitely staying busy!

mamselle

Good for you!

Me, today: 11 AM student, clear the rest of the day.

Probably 1/2 bk. rvw, 1/2 Article B work.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Book reviewing today. Maybe some reading for new projects after (I should pick one soon and stick to it).
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Found a few more tiny facts after a ton of searching British databases...so, worth it in getting 3 or 4 decent sentences that forward the info/discussion/narrative further. There are several examples of terrible transcription errors and this database, unlike some others, has no feedback loop on the page to flag them by.

Oh, well, their loss....but it does mean one has to look at the original doc's whenever there's a scan of them, because, errors, big-time.

Dinner and some book-review-reading once I finish getting those 3 or 4 sentences plugged into the text as they should be.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 07, 2022, 11:12:30 AM
Book reviewing today. Maybe some reading for new projects after (I should pick one soon and stick to it).

Pretty well finished the review today. I'll touch it up tomorrow or the day after, then make a few small edits when I get home next week and have access to the book again.

On to the reading now.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Woke up to find that Co-Authored Paper 1 has finally been accepted! We first wrote it up in 2017, so it's a delight that it's finally made it through.

I don't anticipate having much, if any, time today, but if I do I'll tidy up the review and start ensuring that CAP1 complies with the journal style.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 08, 2022, 10:17:56 AM
Woke up to find that Co-Authored Paper 1 has finally been accepted! We first wrote it up in 2017, so it's a delight that it's finally made it through.

I don't anticipate having much, if any, time today, but if I do I'll tidy up the review and start ensuring that CAP1 complies with the journal style.

Didn't have time. Only just started making a couple of small corrections when I ran out.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Blah, I caught everyone else's illness today. Feel like crap. But when I'm trapped under the hatchling, I'll do yesterday's things.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Hatchlings must grow large in your species...

;--》

Book review draft and more text in Article B.

Friend-reader wrote to say they're looking at Article A today, so....here's hoping!

M.