News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

July Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, July 01, 2022, 07:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 17, 2022, 08:10:31 AM
More of the book today. Maybe also the final citation check for my book review.

Submitted the book review (two days late--oops!) and put in another 4%.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Aiming to get through another 10% of the book.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Found a couple more sources to track down for leads.

More tomorrow.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

I'll aim for another 10% today.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Going to re-read/skim through the book-being-reviewed, to be sure my draft review resembles the real book....

More findings to fit into Article  B.

No word back on Article A, but that's OK, no due-date per se, and my friend-reader is always punctilious, so the feedback will be useful whenever it arrives.

If other things get done, a couple of joeys might merit some attention; today's student is at camp, so nothing until folk dance tonight at 7.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

darkstarrynight

My subfield colleague and I submitted our third revision last night. I hope the manuscript is accepted or I am not sure what happens next. The portal required us to submit author bios which I took as a reasonably good sign.

mamselle

Got through some useful materials, one directly referencing something of interest.

Lunch.

More later.

Take heart, DSN. I have four articles from the past decade that have been submitted to every possible humanities journal I can find. And I'm still not giving up (which would in my case be translated as posting them to my Academia site unpublished, just to get them before the public eye).

I realize we live in different universes as to that, but yours'll find a spot.

M.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I found a potential conference to send the scholarly essay to as a proposal and my coauthor really likes the idea. It is not due until November so we have some time to rethink it towards this outlet. Tomorrow I hope to spend at least an hour doing something toward my sabbatical project in the library, and then will ramp up my time there in the coming weeks so I am ready to dive deeply into my project soon.

mamselle

Impressively nimble!

Taking notes over here...seriously!

Ok, today's about fitting in new finds for the article, and doing some tweaks on the book review.

M.

darkstarrynight

Back to report that the manuscript with two colleagues just got accepted with minor revisions! Yay!

mamselle

Got another paragraph structured.

The holes in the chronicle of known events in my subject's life require a certain amount of speculative inquiry, which takes time, but can't take over the narrative of what is known.

Fun times.

OK. book review after dinner.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: darkstarrynight on July 20, 2022, 01:13:20 PM
Back to report that the manuscript with two colleagues just got accepted with minor revisions! Yay!

Yay, well done!

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 20, 2022, 08:11:18 AM
Aiming for another 10%.

Blah, 8%.
I know it's a genus.