News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

July Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, July 01, 2022, 07:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: mamselle on July 09, 2022, 10:48:25 AM
Hatchlings must grow large in your species...

It's not a small one, I'll tell you that!

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 09, 2022, 10:16:59 AM
Blah, I caught everyone else's illness today. Feel like crap. But when I'm trapped under the hatchling, I'll do yesterday's things.

Finished both. I anticipate one further productive period later today, during which I'll read something and maybe start on that publisher's survey thing (ugh).
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Good work on Article B done, nothing yet on the review...will read more now.

I hope the hatchling at least moves to let you breathe! Being trapped beneath one can't be pleasant...

;--}

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Just the author questionnaire thing today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 10, 2022, 10:32:34 AM
Just the author questionnaire thing today.

Finished most of it, minus some work-intesive summary-type bits.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Not sure I'll have time today, but if so then I'd like to finish that author questionnaire thing.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

I took a breather and updated the CV, just for fun.

The usual, otherwise, is still moving towards completion with glacial rapidity.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mamselle

Well, maybe as fast as greased glaciers.

I did get a bit of editing done on Article A, and typed up a few more notes into the review.

Dinner, maybe some more reading after that.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 11, 2022, 12:11:27 PM
Not sure I'll have time today, but if so then I'd like to finish that author questionnaire thing.

Time was zero.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Hoping to have just enough time to finish today.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 08, 2022, 10:17:56 AM
Woke up to find that Co-Authored Paper 1 has finally been accepted! We first wrote it up in 2017, so it's a delight that it's finally made it through.

Congrats!!! That is amazing!

Quote from: darkstarrynight on July 02, 2022, 10:39:12 AM
July Goals

• Make progress on sabbatical project
  • See if I can do something with scholarly essay to make it publishable
  • Start working on manuscript from recent conference presentation
  • Consider starting on book proposal based on summer course topics

My coauthor was encouraged by a journal editor to submit our scholarly essay there, so I submitted it today. I intended to work on my sabbatical project today but my spouse had a package coming that required me to be home (I have to do project things in the library to use specific technology) so I pushed that to tomorrow.

Regarding my manuscript with my subfield colleague, yesterday we received a third R&R decision, this time "minor revisions." I got started on the revisions today, and hope this is the last time I have to revise this manuscript (and it will get accepted).

Parasaurolophus

Thanks, darkstarrynight! I'm sorry about the three rounds of revisions, though. Ugh.

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 12, 2022, 11:20:33 AM
Hoping to have just enough time to finish today.

Did it!
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

More reading done, more notes made.

Dinner, typing to follow.

Considering I had an AM meeting and got pulled into the J6 hearings, which were worthwhile, not too bad.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Not sure what I should turn to today. I might just take it easy and read.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Typing-up, and a student is unexpectedly back from camp, so 4.30 PM lesson, it appears.

Que sera, sera...

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 13, 2022, 09:48:11 AM
Not sure what I should turn to today. I might just take it easy and read.

Refereed a revised paper, sent my verdict in.

Got the peer reviewer's verdict on my book, and welled up a bit, it was so positive. I mean, the odds are extremely high that they're a friendly acquaintance, but still. They gushed especially about what were some of the very hardest sections to write, which is both reassuring and gratifying. Oof!

I have a few tiny fixes to make, but nothing hard. Double-oof.
I know it's a genus.