News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

August research thread

Started by sinenomine, August 01, 2022, 04:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 11, 2022, 06:35:01 AM
Not sure about today's goals. Might start the other supplementary certification course, might just work on a paper...

Did the whole certification thing. Started working on the paper, ran out of time.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Working on a referee report and a paper today.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Teaching today, more writing tomorrow.

Did get a bit more on an old bibliography that needed to be re-drafted for a possible-resurrection article from a bit ago yesterday PM.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 12, 2022, 07:06:33 AM
Working on a referee report and a paper today.

Wrote most of the report, did some notetaking for the article. Didn't have mich energy for it, in the end.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Delayed by errands and necessities.

Starting on articles now.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 13, 2022, 08:12:20 AM
More report, more paper.

Finished the report (rejection), wrote ~400 words.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Did more on the mini-Article C bibliography.
Did more format repair on Article A
Found Article B sources, read, took notes.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Working on either the conference paper, the short paper, or both.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 14, 2022, 10:12:12 AM
Working on either the conference paper, the short paper, or both.

800 words of the latter this morning, then the afternoon plans fell apart.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Paper and conference paper today, maybe start reading for a book review.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Final edits back and accepted and returned on review; done for real? (This editor is really good but keeps coming back with new queries).

Article A's friendly reader just came back with an annotated version so I'll be busy with that for a day.

Article B is on track but needs to get finished shortly.

Article C might even get done and submitted somewhere; hadn't expected that would be possible but it's been happening 'in the waiting time' between all the others' going out and coming back.

Student shortly.

M.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on August 01, 2022, 11:10:29 AM
August goals:

• Make progress on finalizing paper #1 (solo) and, if possible, get it to a journal
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleague
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleagues
  • Make progress on paper #4 with colleague, which we are supposed to present at a conference in mid or late Sept (ball is in colleague's court at the moment)
  • Decide whether to pursue paper #5 with colleague or take it off my list for a while (maybe forever)
  • Decide whether to abandon paper #6 with colleague, which has been rejected from many journals and which my colleague is apathetic about
  • Revise and submit paper #6 with colleague to journal - to be abandoned if this submission does not work out
  • Revise and submit paper #7 with colleague to new journal
  • Revise and submit paper #8 with colleagues to new journal

I managed to submit Paper #1, so I am crossing one major thing off my list. However, I am also adding two more items to my list after receiving a couple of rejections last week.

I've also made decisions about whether to pursue paper #5 (taking it off my list for now) and #6 (will submit to one more journal - a low tier outlet that I like - before abandoning).

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 15, 2022, 08:00:10 AM
Paper and conference paper today, maybe start reading for a book review.

Mostly the first paper, which is coming along, but did a bit of everything.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I had a very productive book proposal meeting with my friend/potential coauthor today and we made progress on it. I am really excited to advance this forward and get it done this month!