News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

August research thread

Started by sinenomine, August 01, 2022, 04:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I suppose I'll work on the other paper, do a bit of reading for the conference paper, and do a bit of reading for the next book review.

Or maybe start putting together the LMS pages for my fall courses, since there are five of them (ugh).
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Article A is up for revisions per those sent me recently.

Student at 4:30.

If I can finish A now, and C tomorrow, I'll have a clear path for B, which is due 9/1 going forward.

That's the strategy du moment, at least.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on August 01, 2022, 11:10:29 AM
August goals:

• Make progress on finalizing paper #1 (solo) and, if possible, get it to a journal
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleague
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleagues
  • Make progress on paper #4 with colleague, which we are supposed to present at a conference in mid or late Sept (ball is in colleague's court at the moment)
  • Decide whether to pursue paper #5 with colleague or take it off my list for a while (maybe forever)
  • Decide whether to abandon paper #6 with colleague, which has been rejected from many journals and which my colleague is apathetic about
  • Revise and submit paper #6 with colleague to journal - to be abandoned if this submission does not work out
  • Revise and submit paper #7 with colleague to new journal
  • Revise and submit paper #8 with colleagues to new journal

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 16, 2022, 07:46:40 AM
I suppose I'll work on the other paper, do a bit of reading for the conference paper, and do a bit of reading for the next book review.

Or maybe start putting together the LMS pages for my fall courses, since there are five of them (ugh).

Some progress.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Got one page of corrections in...so, a decent start.

Folk dance intervened.

More tomorrow.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Guess I'll mostly just read for the book review today. My energy is low.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Made a list for the rest of the month; it includes all the papers, etc. already in process; today:

[x - nearly all done, lists for next 3 days to finish done] Bib. and notes on mini-Article C, maybe do a draft submission letter, a friend suggested a couple placements I hadn't considered, so that's a start there as well.

[  ] More edits on Article A, finish and send to the person who wanted to see if it will work for a blogsite they have going, or as an article.

[  ] That should finally clear the decks for the last push on Article B, and since I have no students for the next week (the last one just informed me they're gone until the 26th) time will be clear and open for that.

M.

darkstarrynight

Yesterday we got another desk reject on the scholarly essay. Argh. I converted it back to our preferred citation format so my colleague can work out it for hu's preferred journal now.

I started the official reading and analysis for my sabbatical project today. I am really excited about this!

mamselle

Made a list for the rest of the month; it includes all the papers, etc. already in process; today:

[x - nearly all done, lists for next 3 days to finish done] Bib. and notes on mini-Article C, maybe do a draft submission letter, a friend suggested a couple placements I hadn't considered, so that's a start there as well.

[x - 12 pp. done out of 28, excellent notes, so useful!!!] More edits on Article A, finish and send to the person who wanted to see if it will work for a blogsite they have going, or as an article.

[  ] That should finally clear the decks for the last push on Article B, and since I have no students for the next week (the last one just informed me they're gone until the 26th) time will be clear and open for that.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 17, 2022, 07:47:26 AM
Guess I'll mostly just read for the book review today. My energy is low.

Did some LMS work, too.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I suppose I should progress on the conference paper today. But although I love the subject, I'm not into doing the work!

I should also continue getting the LMS shells ready.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Got through all the Article A revisions; some tweaks and look-ups yet to do, but it's much helped by my friend-reader's comments.

Article B up next, or maybe a tiny excursion into C, just to clean up the last of the little things, there.

Then a clear path towards B is possible.

Lunch soon...and no students today!

M. 

mamselle

A bit more on C done, Article B up next.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 18, 2022, 09:28:46 AM
I suppose I should progress on the conference paper today. But although I love the subject, I'm not into doing the work!

I should also continue getting the LMS shells ready.

Pretty much only managed the LMS shells. All that's missing are the asdessments.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Either the LMS stuff or the conference paper.
I know it's a genus.