News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

August research thread

Started by sinenomine, August 01, 2022, 04:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Inching along on C, got a bit done on B as well.

Article A is up next...lunch first.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mamselle

Quote from: mamselle on August 19, 2022, 10:03:55 AM
Inching along on C, got a bit done on B as well.

Article A is up next...lunch first.

M.

Going cross-eyed trying to find people in 18th c. England who clearly don't WANT to be found.

Harrumph.

Bed.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 19, 2022, 06:52:03 AM
Either the LMS stuff or the conference paper.

Bit of both. Made most of the slideshow for my talk. It's far and away my prettiest slideshow ever. It looks good!

Quote from: mamselle on August 19, 2022, 06:23:59 PM

Going cross-eyed trying to find people in 18th c. England who clearly don't WANT to be found.

Harrumph.

Bed.

M.

Did you check thte privy?
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

mamselle

Nope, they're not there. (A bit smelly, though...)

Getting grumpy and tired of this paper--perhaps a sign it's time to finish it up?

Since it's due soon, that's fortuitous...

M.

mamselle

Got more done. Still can't find the folks I'm looking for, maybe they emigrated (well, I know a couple did, but their parents didn't!)

Still more to do but it's moving along.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Sorry about the grumps!

Just reading for the dreary book review this afternoon.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

The book review I just did started out dreary but an enlightened editor made it delightful....may you have the same good fortune.

More tomorrow...whatever I've found by then is what goes into the article, it needs to be finished.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 20, 2022, 03:32:54 PM
Sorry about the grumps!

Just reading for the dreary book review this afternoon.

Whoops, forgot to update. I read some. I'm a quarter through now.

I did find out about a novella from 1899 in which a man's brain is transplanted into an elasmosaur. So that was unexpected, and very cool.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

More reading today, I guess. Maybe some LMS stuff.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

QuoteI did find out about a novella from 1899 in which a man's brain is transplanted into an elasmosaur. So that was unexpected, and very cool.

Hmm. Was the elasmosaur improved or degraded by the transplantation, I wonder?

Me: Article B all the way today....

M.

Parasaurolophus

Both!

Reading today, I think.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

I've officially given up on finding that one last detail that would make this feel perfect.

There's enough to do with what's there, so, onwards and upwards.

I.e.: Article B continues.

M.

darkstarrynight

I did a teeny bit of work on the book proposal today, and made some progress on my sabbatical project as well.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 22, 2022, 02:14:08 PM

Reading today, I think.

Finished a chapter. I'm about 1/3 of the way through the thing now. Oof, what drudgery.
I know it's a genus.