News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

May Research Thread

Started by Sun_Worshiper, May 01, 2023, 08:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 24, 2023, 07:43:50 AM
Just translating today, probably. Maybe either reading a thing for the June paper or starting to write my referee report.

Only managed the translation. Oh well.

Edit: I had a few spare minutes and wrote 750 words of the report.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Translating then reading a thing. Maybe some work on the report if there's time.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 25, 2023, 07:15:07 AM
Translating then reading a thing. Maybe some work on the report if there's time.

Translated a pile, sent the report, read a bit.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I have an IRB meeting, so not likely to accomplish much. Hopefully sorting out a version compatibility issue with the translation stuff, or doing my quota and sorting that out later.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 26, 2023, 10:50:20 AM
I have an IRB meeting, so not likely to accomplish much. Hopefully sorting out a version compatibility issue with the translation stuff, or doing my quota and sorting that out later.

The meeting was short, and I managed both. Whew!

Now, to turn my attention to an annoying admin thing.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Annoying admin stuff today, hopefully my translation quota too.
I know it's a genus.

MarathonRunner

It never rains but it pours. Not only do I have dissertation revisions due June 30, but I also just received two revise and resubmit for two of the dissertation manuscripts (two of the four dissertation manuscripts are already published). Most revisions from the defence to the dissertation are to the methods and discussion chapters that frame the manuscripts, and a bit to the lit review chapter (a few more details on some things). Supervisor is away right now, so not sure how to handle the fourth manuscript's revisions as there wasn't much from the defence to change there, but reviewer 2 (yes, it's a meme, but it's true in this case) wants SO many revisions for the journal.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 27, 2023, 09:39:09 AM
Annoying admin stuff today, hopefully my translation quota too.

Done, doubled the quota. Forty more pages, and I'm done!

Quote from: MarathonRunner on May 27, 2023, 01:55:02 PM
It never rains but it pours. Not only do I have dissertation revisions due June 30, but I also just received two revise and resubmit for two of the dissertation manuscripts (two of the four dissertation manuscripts are already published). Most revisions from the defence to the dissertation are to the methods and discussion chapters that frame the manuscripts, and a bit to the lit review chapter (a few more details on some things). Supervisor is away right now, so not sure how to handle the fourth manuscript's revisions as there wasn't much from the defence to change there, but reviewer 2 (yes, it's a meme, but it's true in this case) wants SO many revisions for the journal.

Wow, congrats!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Time will be limited today, but I'll try to at least translate my quota. Anything else is a bonus.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Congrats!
I forgot to come on here for a few days but I made some decent progress on my manuscript and got my introductory language in the repository. I notified my dean that this was nearly ready to promote through our communication channels, and hu was very pleased.

MarathonRunner

Quote from: darkstarrynight on May 28, 2023, 09:45:21 AM

Congrats!
I forgot to come on here for a few days but I made some decent progress on my manuscript and got my introductory language in the repository. I notified my dean that this was nearly ready to promote through our communication channels, and hu was very pleased.

Excellent! I took the weekend off, and although tomorrow is a holiday in Germany and the US I hope to get some work done. But clearly lots of celebrations taking place tonight, as I'm hearing music and crowd noise. One more day of less work won't be a big deal in the grand scheme, thank goodness. Still would rather get something done tomorrow. Dissertation corrections due June 30, one paper's revisions due July 7, so the sooner started the better.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 28, 2023, 08:07:38 AM
Time will be limited today, but I'll try to at least translate my quota. Anything else is a bonus.

As much as yesterday, plus some reading.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Definitely translating, maybe some work on June Paper.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 29, 2023, 06:42:02 AM
Definitely translating, maybe some work on June Paper.

Just translating.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Translation quota + 200-300 words today.
I know it's a genus.