News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

July Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, July 01, 2023, 06:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billtsherman

568 words on the book today.  Good start to the week.

I did, however, remember that I have a conference paper to write.  Grumble.

darkstarrynight

Instead of working on our chapter yesterday, my spouse and I went through our closet and pulled stuff out to throw away or to donate. Thus, we did not write yet. Now our only available time to work on it this week is Wednesday evening (because hu did not want to during the day). I think my next step is to work on my solo chapter so I can provide more guidance for our coauthored one.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 17, 2023, 07:45:06 AMToday, I'll read some of the book I need to have read by October, and start going through some of the additional literature to extend a paper.

Did that.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I did a little collecting of literature and other resources for my chapter today, but spent much of my time on editor and IRB duties.

Parasaurolophus

The first translation has won a contract from OUP, which is fun. And since it's complete, we can hand it in as soon as it's signed. Whee!

Today, I have proofs to go over for an article.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I am watching a webinar for my chapter right now.

billtsherman

585 words today.

I also have to start reading the book to review.  That's a late afternoon project though.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 18, 2023, 07:48:09 AMToday, I have proofs to go over for an article.

Done already. I may have time for more later, we'll see. Alas, guests are arriving for the week, which will hamper my ability to do things.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 18, 2023, 11:37:12 AM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 18, 2023, 07:48:09 AMToday, I have proofs to go over for an article.

Done already. I may have time for more later, we'll see. Alas, guests are arriving for the week, which will hamper my ability to do things.

I also read two things.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Probably just reading today--the book for October, plus something for the paper I want to revise soon.
I know it's a genus.

billtsherman

529 words today.  It was a bit of a grind, but moving into a new section tomorrow with hopefully help it go better.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 19, 2023, 08:58:06 AMProbably just reading today--the book for October, plus something for the paper I want to revise soon.

Did it.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 18, 2023, 07:48:09 AMThe first translation has won a contract from OUP, which is fun. And since it's complete, we can hand it in as soon as it's signed. Whee!

Great news. Congratulations!

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on July 11, 2023, 07:40:12 AMI was on vacation for the last couple of weeks so I'm getting a late start this month...

July goals:
  • Make progress on book project #1 - start conducting interviews, polish proposal, maybe submit proposal to presses
  • Make progress on book project #2 w colleague - finish draft of proposal and of chapter 1, maybe resubmit materials to press that expressed interest
  • Make progress on article manuscript #1 w colleague - we need to get started
  • Make progress on article manuscript #2 w colleague - we're at the polishing stage and ball is in his court

I've been making some good progress on these projects since returning from vacation:

I finished a final draft of my book proposal for book project #1 and started submitting query letters to publishers. One decline so far, but hopefully there will be requests to see the full proposal going forward. I also completed my first interview via Zoom.

I revised the book proposal and Chapter 1 for book project #2. It is now in my coauthor's hands. With some luck we will submit it by the end of July, but August is more likely.

Article manuscript #2 is in pretty good shape and I think we'll have it ready to submit within the next couple of weeks - July is a stretch, but August seems reasonable. I need to make some revisions and then send it to my coauthor to take a turn.

I still need to start on article manuscript #1 - hopefully tomorrow or Friday.

I also need to look over the proofs for a short magazine article.

Parasaurolophus

Thanks!

I have another set of proofs to look at today. Then... If there's time, I should try to write something.
I know it's a genus.