News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Share your unpopular opinions

Started by Sun_Worshiper, September 25, 2023, 09:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinenomine

"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

Langue_doc

I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I just couldn't stand the characters in Sex and the City. These are supposedly intelligent women, but they act like brainless bimbos. I might have watched five or six episodes one of which was about Carrie spending the night or some time during the day at her married ex-boyfriend's house when the wife shows up. The viewers are expected to feel sorry for "poor" Carrie!

hmaria1609

Quote from: Langue_doc on October 28, 2023, 06:27:07 PMI'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I just couldn't stand the characters in Sex and the City. These are supposedly intelligent women, but they act like brainless bimbos. I might have watched five or six episodes one of which was about Carrie spending the night or some time during the day at her married ex-boyfriend's house when the wife shows up. The viewers are expected to feel sorry for "poor" Carrie!
You're not alone observing this. There are plenty of videos by MsMojo on YouTube about the bad behavior by Carrie, her friends, and Mr. Big on the show and the "And Just Like That" reboot.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 27, 2023, 08:17:40 AM
Quote from: secundem_artem on October 27, 2023, 08:11:50 AM
Quote from: EdnaMode on October 26, 2023, 05:58:21 AMSeinfeld wasn't funny. It wasn't in the least bit interesting or entertaining.

Agreed  And not everybody loved Raymond.

Did anybody love Raymond?

We did.  We loved Raymond a long time.

And I'm not ashamed to say it!!!
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

ciao_yall

Quote from: hmaria1609 on October 28, 2023, 07:13:33 PM
Quote from: Langue_doc on October 28, 2023, 06:27:07 PMI'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I just couldn't stand the characters in Sex and the City. These are supposedly intelligent women, but they act like brainless bimbos. I might have watched five or six episodes one of which was about Carrie spending the night or some time during the day at her married ex-boyfriend's house when the wife shows up. The viewers are expected to feel sorry for "poor" Carrie!
You're not alone observing this. There are plenty of videos by MsMojo on YouTube about the bad behavior by Carrie, her friends, and Mr. Big on the show and the "And Just Like That" reboot.

I hated SATC.

I was introduced to the series by a friend who loved the series and went to the movie - the one where they go to Mexico - and thought huh, maybe. Didn't like Samantha, though. Big whiner.

I watched the whole original show thinking it would get better because a few friends of mine loved it. But... nope. Ironically, the only character I didn't hate was Samantha, and when the reboot happened without her I thought "forget it."

kaysixteen

With all due respect to the late Mr Perry, Friends was another very lame show.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: kaysixteen on October 29, 2023, 05:20:06 PMWith all due respect to the late Mr Perry, Friends was another very lame show.

Color me surprised! 

bio-nonymous

No soup for any of you. But actually I agree that Seinfeld was over-rated.

Also: "Beavis and Butt-Head" was the best show on MTV.

kaysixteen

That 70s Show was perhaps the funniest thing ever to appear on tv.   Anyone who disagrees is a dumbass.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: kaysixteen on October 31, 2023, 09:24:26 PMThat 70s Show was perhaps the funniest thing ever to appear on tv.   Anyone who disagrees is a dumbass.

That is certainly an unpopular opinion!
I know it's a genus.

little bongo

Agree on "Beavis and Butt-Head." It gave me a load of hearty laughs back in the day.

Huh-huh. Huh-huh. "Load." Huh-huh.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: kaysixteen on October 31, 2023, 09:24:26 PMThat 70s Show was perhaps the funniest thing ever to appear on tv.   Anyone who disagrees is a dumbass.

The first season was awesome.  Not sure I can watch it anymore after the Masterson horror.

ciao_yall

Quote from: little bongo on November 01, 2023, 08:33:51 AMAgree on "Beavis and Butt-Head." It gave me a load of hearty laughs back in the day.

I still do that to my husband whenever we play golf. "Huh-huh. You said 'shaft. You said balls."

Sun_Worshiper

Seinfeld is overrated but That 70s Show and Beavis and Butthead are great? Wow.

bio-nonymous

Quote from: ciao_yall on November 01, 2023, 10:05:55 AM
Quote from: little bongo on November 01, 2023, 08:33:51 AMAgree on "Beavis and Butt-Head." It gave me a load of hearty laughs back in the day.

I still do that to my husband whenever we play golf. "Huh-huh. You said 'shaft. You said balls."

HA, HA! I am still like a 14 year old, I laughed out loud when I read your post... :)