News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

DEI programs in the news

Started by Langue_doc, March 20, 2024, 01:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apl68

Oh, I agree that they made a terrible botch of their finances, and that that should have consequences.  I'm just inclined to accept that it was incompetence rather than deliberate malfeasance. 
God gave Noah the rainbow sign
No more water, but the fire next time
When this world's all on fire
Hide me over, Rock of Ages, cleft for me

financeguy

I guess I'm also inclined to accept that but only pending verification that it's true. The numbers are just too big and it is too easy for people to exploit racial conflict for nefarious gain. Think of Jesse Jackson and his son's imprisonment, the insane amount funneled by Patrice Colors through BLM to buy personal houses and other goodies and the recent Facebook DEI hustler who scammed FB and Nike out of millions. These are just a few examples. Many of the people that will pay money to avoid being called the R word aren't even inclined to look if it's going to a "legit" cause. The only cause they care about is shielding themselves from accusations of racism, which is accomplished by writing the check, not by the recipient doing anything specific with it. I don't even really have a problem with this protection racket, which is not that different than an endorsement deal with a celebrity to say they buy your product. I just mind when it is done through a tax-exempt entity as if meeting the criteria for a non-profit.