Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

May Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, May 01, 2024, 10:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I finished conference proposal reviews last week. On Friday I finally got a revise & resubmit decision on my sabbatical manuscript after waiting over 10 months for a decision. I have to get back to the chapter due 5/31 - my coauthor has not added anything yet and I only have written 1,500 words (we need 6k). I finished my summer course prep so now I need to write. My managing editor on the book asked me the status so I am feeling the heat! I have book manuscript due August 1, chapter with my spouse due August 12, and R&R due August 15. Wish me luck!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 21, 2024, 12:08:06 PMHoping for 12+ today.

Managed 22. There's no more doubt I'll be done by the end of the month, which is a relief.
I know it's a genus.

Ancient Fellow

Working on a chapter for an edited collection from a years-ago (lovely) conference. I find that my footnotes used references from different critical editions - hoping to get all harmonized by this evening. Aargh...

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 22, 2024, 11:31:11 AMJust ten pages today.

Fifteen. I can definitely finish this before the end of the month.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Minimum of ten pages today; I should also start thinking about/writing my response to the reader report for T2. It won't take long--there's not much that was mentioned--but the one thing they point to is not a thing I know a ton about, so.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I have added more words to my chapter due next week and to the book manuscript, but it is moving slowly. I got my shared document set up for my spouse and I to work on our chapter as I hope hu might before I get to it (wishful thinking).

Wahoo Redux

Heard back from acquisitions editor (after a brief panic when she did not respond immediately) and a due date for revisions by August 1 was accepted! (I had dystopian fantasies of a sudden turnabout and rejection.)  Actually, they are planning on taking the book to their table at the national convention.  (I hope somebody who did not hire me sees it!!!)

Working on revisions to Chapter 1 and pretty much a rewrite of Chapter 10 (which, admittedly, embarrassingly, is a mess). 

I don't always agree 100% with the reader, but hu was brilliant and insightful.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 23, 2024, 08:04:10 AMMinimum of ten pages today; I should also start thinking about/writing my response to the reader report for T2. It won't take long--there's not much that was mentioned--but the one thing they point to is not a thing I know a ton about, so.

Went over 16 pages, then got a rejection (with no comments, after four months) for my most rejected paper, cut it down by 1k words, and sent it back out. Started to think over T2, but the toddler woke up early.
I know it's a genus.

Ancient Fellow

Quote from: Ancient Fellow on May 22, 2024, 08:28:38 AMWorking on a chapter for an edited collection from a years-ago (lovely) conference. I find that my footnotes used references from different critical editions - hoping to get all harmonized by this evening. Aargh...

Sorted and resubmitted, a successful day after all.

Parasaurolophus

Aiming for ten today, and thinking over the T2 additions.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on May 07, 2024, 08:41:12 AMMay goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleagues - it would be great to get this off by the end of the month, but that will be up to my colleagues
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - this one is sort of in limbo
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleague - R&R, due in June
  • Make progress on paper #4 with colleague - R&R
  • Make progress on book project #1 - contract in sight, just need to respond to some reviewer comments
  • Make progress on book project #2 with colleague

Stretch goals:
  • Apply for a small grant (or two)
  • Get the ball rolling on a new empirical article

Received an R&R a couple of days ago, so adding it to my list

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 24, 2024, 08:52:50 AMAiming for ten today, and thinking over the T2 additions.

Twenty, and made a start on the T2 stuff; had a think, started consulting my sources, and made one (minor) set of changes.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.