News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

June Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, June 01, 2024, 11:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

One day, one of you will beat me to starting one of these!

June goals:

• Finish T2 revisions
  • Finally comment on acquaintance's paper
  • Write a draft of a chapter contribution for August

Stretch:

• Work on the new book
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today, I might do a little T2 reading, but not much more than that.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 01, 2024, 11:14:06 AMToday, I might do a little T2 reading, but not much more than that.

Read a bit, got 200 words in.
I know it's a genus.

treeoflife

Send an article out after finishing minor revisions

Sun_Worshiper

June goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 (with colleagues) - we should be sending this off to a journal by the end of the month
  • Make progress on paper #2 (with colleague) - presenting at conference in June
  • Make progress on paper #3 (with colleague) - R&R due in June, ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #4 (with colleague) - R&R due in early July, ball is in my court
  • Make progress on paper #5 (with colleagues) - presenting at conference in August
  • Make progress on book #1 (with colleague) - it would be good to polish the chapters I wrote a couple of months ago, start another one, and fire a coal under my coauthor
  • Make progress on book #2 (solo) - hoping to receive contract soon

Parasaurolophus

Some reading for T2, maybe a bit of writing.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 02, 2024, 08:06:57 AMSome reading for T2, maybe a bit of writing.

Read. We've also submitted the final draft of T1 (phew!), so that's done until the copy editing and indexing crunch.
I know it's a genus.

Ancient Fellow

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 02, 2024, 05:38:48 PM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 02, 2024, 08:06:57 AMSome reading for T2, maybe a bit of writing.

Read. We've also submitted the final draft of T1 (phew!), so that's done until the copy editing and indexing crunch.

Just curious - I had assumed that T1 and T2 were translations, is that what you mean by them?

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Ancient Fellow on June 03, 2024, 04:16:07 AM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 02, 2024, 05:38:48 PM

Just curious - I had assumed that T1 and T2 were translations, is that what you mean by them?

Yes, they are.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Aiming to write a little more for T2's last section today.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

June goals
  • Main goal: make significant progress on book manuscript
  • Secondary goal 1: make progress on chapter with spouse
  • Secondary goal: work on revisions for manuscript

All of these are due in August before the Fall semester begins and I am feeling a tad overwhelmed. I am working on the book manuscript right now and contacted all outstanding case study contributors to get those in (one submitted theirs back already). I just need to keep writing!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 03, 2024, 10:25:11 AMAiming to write a little more for T2's last section today.

450 words, but they're only of so-so quality. I'm still feeling my way around this new section.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on June 01, 2024, 09:27:26 PMJune goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 (with colleagues) - we should be sending this off to a journal by the end of the month
  • Make progress on paper #2 (with colleague) - presenting at conference in June
  • Make progress on paper #3 (with colleague) - R&R due in June, ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #4 (with colleague) - R&R due in early July, ball is in my court
  • Make progress on paper #5 (with colleagues) - presenting at conference in August
  • Make progress on book #1 (with colleague) - it would be good to polish the chapters I wrote a couple of months ago, start another one, and fire a coal under my coauthor
  • Make progress on book #2 (solo) - hoping to receive contract soon

I submitted my response to reviewers on book #2 at the end of May, and have received word that it will be discussed at the board meeting in July. So this is on the backburner until then. In the meantime, I'll look to clear the deck so that I can really focus on this once the contract comes through (if it comes through, that is... fingers crossed).

darkstarrynight

I managed to write a tiny bit today in the book manuscript - a few paragraphs, but in a place I was stuck previously so that was something!

Parasaurolophus

I was advised today that the chapter due in August requires a draft by June 30. That's okay, because I was planning to have a draft done by then, but still. Eep!

Today: I need to get a bit of writing in.
I know it's a genus.