News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

June Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, June 01, 2024, 11:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 13, 2024, 05:43:02 PM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 13, 2024, 08:17:50 AMHoping to clear T2 from my plate today.

Almost there. One more hour converting my million billion endnotes, I think.

I had an hour to spare tonight, so I finished it and sent it off! Whew! That's a small load off!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today, I turn my attention to the book chapter. I'd like to write a few hundred words. I've also got what (I think) is my last IRB meeting, however, and that will take up most of my time.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on June 01, 2024, 09:27:26 PMJune goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 (with colleagues) - we should be sending this off to a journal by the end of the month
  • Make progress on paper #2 (with colleague) - presenting at conference in June
  • Make progress on paper #3 (with colleague) - R&R due in June, ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #4 (with colleague) - R&R due in early July, ball is in my court
  • Make progress on paper #5 (with colleagues) - presenting at conference in August
  • Make progress on book #1 (with colleague) - it would be good to polish the chapters I wrote a couple of months ago, start another one, and fire a coal under my coauthor
  • Make progress on book #2 (solo) - hoping to receive contract soon

Presented paper #2 today.

Probably taking the next few days off from research, but if time opens up then I'll try to make a little more progress on paper #4.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 14, 2024, 07:42:43 AMToday, I turn my attention to the book chapter. I'd like to write a few hundred words. I've also got what (I think) is my last IRB meeting, however, and that will take up most of my time.

Managed about 1k words. That puts me about 1/3 of the way done now, although this has been the easier/faster third.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

More writing today. Not sure how much I'll be able to do, though.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 15, 2024, 09:52:13 AMMore writing today. Not sure how much I'll be able to do, though.

~450 words, and some reading.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Maybe a little writing for the chapter; if not, definitely some reading needs doing.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 16, 2024, 11:13:06 AMMaybe a little writing for the chapter; if not, definitely some reading needs doing.

Did the reading, including skimming through Bloom's The Anxiety of Influence, which is utter garbage. That sapped my energy, so I copy/pasted in 750 words I cut from another article.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today, I'll make yesterday's 750 words fit.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I wrote some on the book before I left for my conference last week. I admit I did not work on the manuscript while at the conference, as I used my extra time at night or in the morning to grade for my summer classes. I presented research and also unexpectedly won an award so I got stopped a lot in the hallways to chat. It was exciting but I feel behind (as usual).

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 17, 2024, 07:24:28 AMToday, I'll make yesterday's 750 words fit.

Did that. I'm now roughly 65% done the chapter.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Let's say 500 words of a new chapter section.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 18, 2024, 07:37:44 AMLet's say 500 words of a new chapter section.

~2400 words, and two sections. So that's... a draft of the chapter pretty much done. It still needs a conclusion and some polish, but that should do!
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on June 01, 2024, 09:27:26 PMJune goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 (with colleagues) - we should be sending this off to a journal by the end of the month
  • Make progress on paper #2 (with colleague) - presenting at conference in June
  • Make progress on paper #3 (with colleague) - R&R due in June, ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #4 (with colleague) - R&R due in early July, ball is in my court
  • Make progress on paper #5 (with colleagues) - presenting at conference in August
  • Make progress on book #1 (with colleague) - it would be good to polish the chapters I wrote a couple of months ago, start another one, and fire a coal under my coauthor
  • Make progress on book #2 (solo) - hoping to receive contract soon

More progress on paper #4 today. I'm basically having to rewrite the whole thing, which has been both fun and frustrating. Fortunately I have a lot of time to dedicate to it at the moment. I'm still hoping to finish my revisions by Friday, but that is looking increasingly like a stretch.

I also had a productive call with my coauthor on book #1. We worked out a game plan to finish our first draft in the next few months.

Parasaurolophus

Not sure I'll have time but, if so, I'll start on the conclusion.
I know it's a genus.