News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

June Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, June 01, 2024, 11:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstarrynight

On Monday and today I am making progress on the book manuscript. I have finished four chapters and am about 75% done with the fifth. I am waiting on some interlibrary loans for it, so I have started preparing chapter 6. It is not great to be less than halfway done with only about six weeks until my deadline, but this is my doing so I must figure it out.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 19, 2024, 09:14:27 AMNot sure I'll have time but, if so, I'll start on the conclusion.

In conclusion, I conclude.

It's not good, but it'll do. I'll polish things up over the next week or so. I still want to add a bit to one section, but otherwise it's pretty well done. That was super quick and pretty easy!
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on June 01, 2024, 09:27:26 PMJune goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 (with colleagues) - we should be sending this off to a journal by the end of the month
  • Make progress on paper #2 (with colleague) - presenting at conference in June
  • Make progress on paper #3 (with colleague) - R&R due in June, ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #4 (with colleague) - R&R due in early July, ball is in my court
  • Make progress on paper #5 (with colleagues) - presenting at conference in August
  • Make progress on book #1 (with colleague) - it would be good to polish the chapters I wrote a couple of months ago, start another one, and fire a coal under my coauthor
  • Make progress on book #2 (solo) - hoping to receive contract soon

I finished a draft of paper #4 today. Tomorrow I'll try to shave off ~1000 words and to make sure that I've covered all the reviewers' concerns. If time permits, I'll also write up the response letter and then send everything to my coauthor.

Parasaurolophus

Today, I'd like to add to that section, and start the process of polishing.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I worked more on the book manuscript today. My managing editor reminded me today that my deadline is August 2025, so if I cannot make it by August 2024, it will be published in 2026 instead of 2025. I am still aiming for publishing the book next year.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 20, 2024, 11:02:38 AMToday, I'd like to add to that section, and start the process of polishing.

Finished it, then sent it in. Not a bad month!
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on June 01, 2024, 09:27:26 PMJune goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 (with colleagues) - we should be sending this off to a journal by the end of the month
  • Make progress on paper #2 (with colleague) - presenting at conference in June
  • Make progress on paper #3 (with colleague) - R&R due in June, ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #4 (with colleague) - R&R due in early July, ball is in my court
  • Make progress on paper #5 (with colleagues) - presenting at conference in August
  • Make progress on book #1 (with colleague) - it would be good to polish the chapters I wrote a couple of months ago, start another one, and fire a coal under my coauthor
  • Make progress on book #2 (solo) - hoping to receive contract soon

Paper #1 has been submitted to a journal.

Parasaurolophus

I have some freelance editing to do, then some refereeing to start.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I did not get around to the book manuscript, but I did work a little on my manuscript revision plus read a ton of articles for it.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 21, 2024, 08:23:22 AMI have some freelance editing to do, then some refereeing to start.

Did the editing, halfway through the refereeing, and read a bit for my July R&R.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Aiming to read for the referee report and for the R&R.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 22, 2024, 09:51:50 AMAiming to read for the referee report and for the R&R.

Plans were disrupted, but read a little and wrote a few hundred.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Aiming to do more R&Ring and referee reading today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 23, 2024, 08:05:12 AMAiming to do more R&Ring and referee reading today.

Read a bunch, wrote a few hundred.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Meeting with a new co-author, then back to reading for the R&R, I think.
I know it's a genus.