News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

CV format question re. republication

Started by Ancient Fellow, June 18, 2024, 07:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancient Fellow

I'm updating my full or 'master' CV and have a question related to the publication of a collection of my articles. Under the line for the article, how would you all cross-reference the original article to the subsequent collection? I had done it as:

"Ancient Thoughts," Journal of Decrepitude 54 (2012) 30-50; reprinted as 24-44 in Rambles through Classicism, ed. A. Fellow, London: Publisher, 2023.

What do you all think?

Parasaurolophus

I think that's pretty much what I'd do, although I'd probably opt for 'reprinted in', and then have the pages at the end. But this seems fine to me!
I know it's a genus.

Ancient Fellow

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 18, 2024, 08:21:40 AMI think that's pretty much what I'd do, although I'd probably opt for 'reprinted in', and then have the pages at the end. But this seems fine to me!

That does look cleaner - thanks for the suggestion!

jerseyjay

I have had this situation: an article I published in 2007 was republished in a collected volume from 2020.

A question: would you just keep this in the section on articles, or would you also include it in the section on book chapters? (My CV has both sections, because in my field, book chapters are, rightly or wrongly, not seen as valuable as peer-reviewed articles that appear in their own right.)

Parasaurolophus

For my part, I'd keep it as a bullet under 'articles,' and save the 'chapter' section for things I wrote with the intent that they be chapters.
I know it's a genus.