Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

July Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, July 01, 2024, 08:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Happy Canada Day!

July goals:

• Submit final draft of chapter (needs "snappy" headings)
  • Deal with editorial queries about T2
  • Finish and submit R&R
  • Finally comment on acquaintance's paper
  • Start up book work again. I'd like to get a draft chapter done.

Today, I'll work on snappy section headings and the last small cosmetic changes to the R&R.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

July goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 (with colleague)
  • Make progress on paper #2 (with colleagues) - presenting at conference in August
  • Make progress on book #1 (with colleague)

Short list this month, as I cleared a lot of things in June. I'm anticipating a contract for book #2 this month or next (fingers crossed) and I have several papers off with journals, so the list might grow as those things come back to me.

darkstarrynight

July goals
  • Main goal: finish book manuscript
  • Secondary goal 1: make progress on chapter with spouse due in August
  • Secondary goal: work on revisions for manuscript due in August

I have been unable to work on anything the past week since I traveled with my mom. This week I am joining two colleagues for a little writing retreat in the library to keep us accountable. I have no choice but to focus on the book manuscript since it is due August 1st.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 01, 2024, 08:36:37 AM
Today, I'll work on snappy section headings and the last small cosmetic changes to the R&R.

Finished and submitted both--and discovered my R&R was actually "minor revisions". Hah!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today I'll start on the editorial queries for T2.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 02, 2024, 09:05:25 AMToday I'll start on the editorial queries for T2.

Done. Whew. I really didn't want to do that.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Having run out of deadlines, today I finally return to the book. And I'll re-read my acquaintance's paper, too.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on July 01, 2024, 09:12:19 AMJuly goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 (with colleague)
  • Make progress on paper #2 (with colleagues) - presenting at conference in August
  • Make progress on paper #3 (with colleagues)
  • Make progress on book #1 (with colleague)

Short list this month, as I cleared a lot of things in June. I'm anticipating a contract for book #2 this month or next (fingers crossed) and I have several papers off with journals, so the list might grow as those things come back to me.

Desk rejection in my inbox this morning... adding it back to my list.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 03, 2024, 07:41:25 AMHaving run out of deadlines, today I finally return to the book. And I'll re-read my acquaintance's paper, too.

1k words, re-read the thing but can't comment until I get my own laptop back tomorrow.

Also, my R&R/minor revisions were accepted today, so that's nice!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Off to pick up my fixed laptop today (although the motherboard is apparently a bit dodgy), which will suck up most of my time. I'd like to do some book work though.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 04, 2024, 03:37:48 PMOff to pick up my fixed laptop today (although the motherboard is apparently a bit dodgy), which will suck up most of my time. I'd like to do some book work though.

Managed 1k words, though my mouse drivers are fucked. Will have to try uninstalling and restarting.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Book writing, commenting, and maybe starting on T4 today.
I know it's a genus.

treeoflife

Working on the intro to the book.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 05, 2024, 07:45:46 AMBook writing, commenting, and maybe starting on T4 today.

600 words, the comments, and the first few pages of T4.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Time will probably be short, but I'd like to write a little today.
I know it's a genus.