News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

July Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, July 01, 2024, 08:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 06, 2024, 08:43:14 AMTime will probably be short, but I'd like to write a little today.

Nope, total failure. Morning excursion took all day, unsurprisingly.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Hoping for some book writing progress today.
I know it's a genus.

Wahoo Redux

Got the rest of this month to get revisions done.

Initial revisions of all 11 chapters and preface done, now down to the nitty-gritty.

Will need to proofread works cited and decide if I want to keep the one appendix or not.

Should be on schedule.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 07, 2024, 07:53:28 AMHoping for some book writing progress today.

Insufficient time. Wrote 300, then noticed I was re-writing something that somehow didn't save. Fingers crossed I have it somewhere else, otherwise that's Thursday's work all gone.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Whew. Found those 600 words backed up elsewhere. I'm especially relieved because they were quite good, and got me out of a bit of a writing pickle. It would have been tough to replicate.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Kwell, today I'll re-integrate whatever crap I produced yesterday with the lost chunk, and then I'll try to write a couple hundred more. And maybe do a little work on T4.
I know it's a genus.

treeoflife

I was not able to work on the book today.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on July 07, 2024, 01:44:57 PMGot the rest of this month to get revisions done.

Initial revisions of all 11 chapters and preface done, now down to the nitty-gritty.

Will need to proofread works cited and decide if I want to keep the one appendix or not.

Should be on schedule.

You are inspiring! I did enjoy the writing retreat in the library Friday with my two friends. I made some good progress. Then a former student of mine just published an article inspired by the very topic I am writing about (they took my class two years ago on it) and so I am able to cite it in the book manuscript. My managing editor asked me today to commit to the August 1 deadline or not, so I went for it and even suggested the former student to be a manuscript reviewer. I have five chapters about 99% done and am working on the remaining six in a frenzy. I also had two case study contributors withdraw or ghost me, so I got two students in my current class on this topic to agree to contribute their cases tot he book. I did work on the manuscript today and am trying to do something every day to get this done. It helps my spouse is gone next week for a trip with friends so I can work on my book on the weekend and at night with less guilt. I am finishing the month at a writing retreat which should help me put on finishing touches.

Wahoo Redux

Thank you.  I don't have a whole lot else going on, honestly.  Working part time at a newspaper, hanging out with my wife, and trying to add one last bit of scholarship to the matrix.  Wrote two news stories today.  Brain dead.  But trying to get something done.

Alright everyone!  Go, team!  Go!!
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

Well done, Wahoo!

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 08, 2024, 08:55:57 AMKwell, today I'll re-integrate whatever crap I produced yesterday with the lost chunk, and then I'll try to write a couple hundred more. And maybe do a little work on T4.

Finished the first (and shortest) of three sections I'm doing for T4 (the other two sections I'm leaving for a friend to try her hand). Also wrote ~400 words.
I know it's a genus.

treeoflife

Back to working on the intro.

Parasaurolophus

More writing today. Beyond that... not sure.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 09, 2024, 10:59:45 AMMore writing today. Beyond that... not sure.

I cut 1k words and moved them to Ch. 7, then wrote 1.1k more. But now I think I'm done. I could do more, but I'm tired and it's hothothot.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Got article proofs last night, so I'm doing that today. And hopefully a couple hundred words, in between errands.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 10, 2024, 06:22:09 AMGot article proofs last night, so I'm doing that today. And hopefully a couple hundred words, in between errands.

~600 words; the draft of the chapter isn't pretty, but it's maybe one section short of complete! Also did the proofing. Events scuppered the errands.
I know it's a genus.