Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

July Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, July 01, 2024, 08:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

treeoflife

Back to working on the intro.

Parasaurolophus

Aiming for a bit of writing, but I won't have much time today.

Overnight, I decided that the missing chapter section probably deserves to a chapter of its own or, at least, the bulk of the intro. So I might move on to that.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Yesterday I wrote about 95% of a chapter, so that was awesome! I reserved a fancy room in the library today and tomorrow to use for writing, so I am about to head there and keep rolling.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on July 01, 2024, 09:12:19 AMJuly goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 (with colleague)
  • Make progress on paper #2 (with colleagues) - presenting at conference in August
  • Make progress on paper #3 (with colleagues)
  • Make progress on book #1 (with colleague)

I spent the last couple of weeks writing a chapter of book #1. At this point, it is up to my coauthor to draft the remaining chapters of the book (except, perhaps, the conclusion, which we will hold off on and for the moment). So I'll be turning to other projects for now and putting this on the backburner until September.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 11, 2024, 07:43:32 AMAiming for a bit of writing, but I won't have much time today.

Overnight, I decided that the missing chapter section probably deserves to a chapter of its own or, at least, the bulk of the intro. So I might move on to that.

Nope, events co spired against any work. Oh well.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Aiming to write a chunk today, possibly in the new chapter I've identified.

I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Yesterday I finished the chapter and started the next one. I am sitting in the library now, working on it. After I get this one completed, I still have four to finish.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on July 12, 2024, 12:12:07 PMYesterday I finished the chapter and started the next one. I am sitting in the library now, working on it. After I get this one completed, I still have four to finish.

I just finished the chapter! Onto the next one...

treeoflife

The introduction is coming along nicely.

Parasaurolophus

Wrote a few hundred and started refereeing a pile of garbage, but my workday got scuppered. Oh well.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Maybe some reading today? Dunno. I have family visiting for the week.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I wrote about half of a chapter today, and set myself to finish it hopefully in the next day or so.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 13, 2024, 07:18:29 AMMaybe some reading today? Dunno. I have family visiting for the week.

Ugh, nope. Read a teeny bit for the referee report, but not much.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I live in hope of doing something today. We'll see.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 14, 2024, 08:12:09 AMI live in hope of doing something today. We'll see.

Finished reading for the report, started writing it.
I know it's a genus.