News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

July Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, July 01, 2024, 08:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstarrynight

I managed to finish another chapter today! When my spouse is out of town, I can be productive on weekends!

Parasaurolophus

Managed 800 words of referee report (rejectrejectrejectgarbage). Unfortunately, I'll have to write a bit more before it's done. I will, however, rein myself in.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'll try to clear that report.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 16, 2024, 03:58:57 PMI'll try to clear that report.

Did that (another 1.1k words), and read 1/3 of a thing for the T3 intro, which my co-translator is taking the lead on (phew!).
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Yesterday I was tied up and today I blocked out time to write but a student took much of that time, so I did a tiny bit of organizing a chapter tonight but hopefully I can get this and the next one done before I head out of town this weekend.

Ancient Fellow

Proofing proceeds apace on the critical edition/edited collection, for which I finally received a contract yesterday!

Recently completed Monograph 3 has had a publisher request the full manuscript.

Writing continues in driblets on Monograph 4.

Parasaurolophus

Aiming to finish that T3 intro reading.
I know it's a genus.

treeoflife

Finished another round of editing for the intro.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 17, 2024, 11:07:35 AMAiming to finish that T3 intro reading.

Done that. Got a follow-up referee request for an R&R in the mail, too.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I wrote a tiny bit but I still have 2.75 chapters to go. I have three hours tomorrow morning to write.

Parasaurolophus

I expect I'll have a chance to do a spot of writing this afternoon. Maybe even read the article that just came in via ILL.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 18, 2024, 09:02:23 AMI expect I'll have a chance to do a spot of writing this afternoon. Maybe even read the article that just came in via ILL.

1500 words, which is okay, but I was hoping to do more. Oh well.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

My three hours did not happen today - I had to get a last minute medical appointment. Hopefully I can get some writing done tomorrow and on my flight Saturday.

Parasaurolophus

Aiming for some reading, maybe a couple hundred words, then grading. Ugh.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 19, 2024, 07:22:57 AMAiming for some reading, maybe a couple hundred words, then grading. Ugh.

Couldn't grade because IT has shut the system down due to the thing affecting everyone. So I read my ILL.
I know it's a genus.