News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

July Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, July 01, 2024, 08:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Busy day, but will aim to write a tiny bit more of the book.
I know it's a genus.

secundem_artem

First draft completed and sent to co-authors for review.  This one is the first in what should be a series of papers coming out of a very long project.

Revise and Resubmit for the paper we submitted in April is next on the agenda.

Look at me ma!  I did a science!
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 30, 2024, 09:37:49 AMBusy day, but will aim to write a tiny bit more of the book.

Wrote about 400 words.

Quote from: darkstarrynight on July 29, 2024, 07:32:21 PMIt's wild but I am so close! I spent all day reviewing the first eight chapters of my book manuscript, making edits and adding content. I am going to review the rest tomorrow. I also need to grab a book from my office and one from the library tomorrow to make a few additions to the manuscript. This is really happening! It is due Thursday so I will be working on it until I submit it (though I know it is a draft and will be peer reviewed).

Wow! Super work!
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Thanks! I finished reviewing chapters yesterday and made two trips to the library to get interlibrary loans that arrived in the nick of time! Now I am rethinking everything (just kidding). The call for reviewers went out yesterday too. I am pretty excited and also prepared for lots of constructive feedback in a few months.

Parasaurolophus

A tiny bit of writing today. Too many other things are cramming into the next couple of weeks.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 31, 2024, 10:54:43 AMA tiny bit of writing today. Too many other things are cramming into the next couple of weeks.

Only managed 300 words. Much too much on my plate for the next couple weeks. Also started on a referee request.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Spending the day in town. Gonna try to write a bit, then read for the referee report.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I started the August thread so head there for this month's musings!

Parasaurolophus

Report:

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 01, 2024, 08:36:37 AMJuly goals:

• Submit final draft of chapter (needs "snappy" headings)
  • Deal with editorial queries about T2
  • Finish and submit R&R
  • Finally comment on acquaintance's paper
  • Start up book work again. I'd like to get a draft chapter done.

On the draft chapter front, I wrote about 2.5 of them, which is fab. Also refereed a few papers, and started work on T5, and the R&R was accepted and is now published. If only I had more months like July ahead of me!
I know it's a genus.