News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

July Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, July 01, 2024, 08:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

treeoflife

Got an article picked up by a Law Review (high ranking!!!) so August will be dedicated to editing that based on student editor comments.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: treeoflife on July 26, 2024, 08:02:28 AMGot an article picked up by a Law Review (high ranking!!!) so August will be dedicated to editing that based on student editor comments.

Sweet, congrats!

For my part, I'll start on the referee report today, and maybe start work on T5 just for fun.
I know it's a genus.

Ancient Fellow

Article submitted! Desk is clearing...

Ancient Fellow

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 21, 2024, 05:33:05 PMDid the marking, then got the devastating news and started looking for a new home.

I read the other thread, and am so sorry. That stinks, but I hope it works out well for you and yours in the long run.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on July 01, 2024, 09:12:19 AMJuly goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 (with colleague)
  • Make progress on paper #2 (with colleagues) - presenting at conference in August
  • Make progress on paper #3 (with colleagues)
  • Make progress on book #1 (with colleague)
  • Make progress on book #2 - submit grant application related to this project

I submitted a grant proposal related to book #2 today. More generally, I've been focusing my time on that project, despite some holdup on the contract.

I also did some bits and pieces for papers #1 and #3 over the last couple of weeks. Hoping to have them both out the door in August, but that is ultimately going to be up to my coauthors.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 26, 2024, 08:25:57 AMFor my part, I'll start on the referee report today, and maybe start work on T5 just for fun.

Report done, 650 words into T5.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Not sure about what I can manage today. Maybe finish some reading?
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 27, 2024, 09:00:53 AMNot sure about what I can manage today. Maybe finish some reading?

About 500 words of the book, 400 of T5.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Either a spot of writing, or a spot of reading. Iunno.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: treeoflife on July 26, 2024, 08:02:28 AMGot an article picked up by a Law Review (high ranking!!!) so August will be dedicated to editing that based on student editor comments.

Wow, that is awesome! I have finished drafting my entire book manuscript except finalizing reflection questions at the end of each chapter and doing a full read-through. My final chapter is a little too short right now, but I only started it yesterday and kept rolling today. It is due on Thursday so I have a few days to finish everything. I am so relieved.

Also, impressively my spouse finally decided to start working on our chapter today which is due in two weeks. I told hu that is all I want for our upcoming anniversary :-D

Parasaurolophus

300 of the book, 700 of T5, and read a thing. Meh.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Great work, congrats!

Parasaurolophus

Weird day. Hopefully some writing and reading.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 29, 2024, 02:42:43 PMWeird day. Hopefully some writing and reading.

800 words of T5, 1K of the book, and a spot of reading.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

It's wild but I am so close! I spent all day reviewing the first eight chapters of my book manuscript, making edits and adding content. I am going to review the rest tomorrow. I also need to grab a book from my office and one from the library tomorrow to make a few additions to the manuscript. This is really happening! It is due Thursday so I will be working on it until I submit it (though I know it is a draft and will be peer reviewed).