News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

August Research Thread

Started by darkstarrynight, August 01, 2024, 11:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Hoping to get some book writing done today. Got some commuting to do to prep for moving the tiny house.

Gonna finish with my acquaintance's paper, too.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I worked for a few hours on my R&R today.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 05, 2024, 07:05:30 AMHoping to get some book writing done today. Got some commuting to do to prep for moving the tiny house.

Gonna finish with my acquaintance's paper, too.

Did a solid 7 hours hard labour, and in the in-between time managed to finish and send off the comments, then translate a titch and write a few hundred.

Also got word that my most-rejected paper (14!) is now accepted. Well: the journal apparently has a 2+-year backlog, so the editor, a very well known scholar in the paper's subfield, asked if I might not prefer to transfer it to an edited collection he's put together (it's in the final stages before submission), since it's a perfect fit. That works just fine for me. I'm glad to have it off my desk! Though I suppose that will technically make 15 rejections.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

More hard labour today. In between, hoping to manage a few hundred more book words.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I made more progress on the R&R today. I have a lot to do still but I am getting somewhere!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 06, 2024, 06:02:25 AMMore hard labour today. In between, hoping to manage a few hundred more book words.

Deck dismantled and moved. Managed a couple hundred, plus I finished the first of my chapters for T5.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Another trip to town, this time to return the rental truck. I expect that means I'll just get to write a tiny bit, maybe start translating another chapter.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I barely made any progress today on the R&R. I am trying to reorganize the entire results and discussion sections, which has overwhelmed me because there are too many possibilities. Instead, I worked on my Fall classes.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on August 02, 2024, 06:22:54 PMMy August goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 (with colleague) - do more interviews and get it ready for journal submission
  • Finalize paper #2 for September conference (with colleagues)
  • Submit paper #3 to journal (with colleagues)
  • Keep chipping away at book #1
  • Make a few updates to my otherwise completed chapters for book #2 (with colleague)

I did what I wanted to do for book #2. Did a few little things on paper #3 as well and have an interview scheduled tomorrow for paper #1.

Otherwise just chipping away at book #1. Hoping to finish a draft of Chapter 6 by the end of next week.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 07, 2024, 07:19:50 AMAnother trip to town, this time to return the rental truck. I expect that means I'll just get to write a tiny bit, maybe start translating another chapter.

The trip is taking forever, and I'm too tired to do much. Had a final look at a chapter contribution and sent it in (it's good to go), and dealt with some teaching stuff.
I know it's a genus.

treeoflife

Finished corrections to the article.

Parasaurolophus

Despite the tiredness, I ended up also translating 500 words of a new chapter yesterday. Shrug.

Today, I aim to do a spot of book writing and reading. And I need to design a final exam for my summer course, and maybe I should start putting together the syllabus for my bonus fall course. Ick.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 08, 2024, 10:24:43 AMDespite the tiredness, I ended up also translating 500 words of a new chapter yesterday. Shrug.

Today, I aim to do a spot of book writing and reading. And I need to design a final exam for my summer course, and maybe I should start putting together the syllabus for my bonus fall course. Ick.

Did the exams, wrote a few hundred, translated a few more pages. Didn't really read or work on the bonus course, but that's okay.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'm not super clear on today's tasks. I guess maybe I should work on the bonus syllabus, and either read a bit or write a bit of something (but I think I don't feel up to that today).
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I reorganized the results and discussion sections of my manuscript, so now I have work to do to fill those in. At least I did something on it, but I am low on time because I watched a lot of Olympics this week during my allotted writing time. While I did that, I managed to prepare two of my classes so at least I did something useful.