News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

August Research Thread

Started by darkstarrynight, August 01, 2024, 11:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 09, 2024, 09:23:29 AMI'm not super clear on today's tasks. I guess maybe I should work on the bonus syllabus, and either read a bit or write a bit of something (but I think I don't feel up to that today).

Made it to the bonus syllabus, but didn't manage aught else.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Some book reading today. Maybe some writing, though I doubt it. Too much else needs doing.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 10, 2024, 07:47:23 AMSome book reading today. Maybe some writing, though I doubt it. Too much else needs doing.

Did that, read a bit, started marking essays.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Nothing doing today, unfortunately.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I have to go into town again, so should get a small bit of writing done. Then I'm afraid I have to mark a pile of papers.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 12, 2024, 05:55:28 AMI have to go into town again, so should get a small bit of writing done. Then I'm afraid I have to mark a pile of papers.

Wrote a few hundred, marked half.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Back to town today, so a bit of writing. But I really need to grade more, too.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on August 01, 2024, 11:47:00 AMAugust Goals
  • Submit chapter with spouse by 8/26
  • Submit R&R by 8/15

I was in the zone yesterday - I spent over seven hours in my home office and forgot to eat lunch as I finally got my R&R done and submitted a few days early!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 13, 2024, 08:18:19 AMBack to town today, so a bit of writing. But I really need to grade more, too.

Dealt with a few crises, so didn't have the energy for any novel writing. Translated a chunk instead.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Gonna have to mark sometime today. Dunno whether I'll be able to, though, because the tiny house is being moved over today, which will keep us busy. Eep!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

My final exam is today, so some writing on the commute, plus essay marking while they write.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 15, 2024, 09:00:08 AMMy final exam is today, so some writing on the commute, plus essay marking while they write.

About 500 words, and almost managed to finish marking essays.
I know it's a genus.

treeoflife

1. Corrections for the law review article were sent. Last round of correction expected in October.
2. Corrections to the book into finished. Waiting to news from the editor.

Parasaurolophus

Nothing doing today, it's the three-day end-of-semester grading crunch. And I have a fixit project that needs doing before it rains.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 16, 2024, 02:26:19 PMNothing doing today, it's the three-day end-of-semester grading crunch. And I have a fixit project that needs doing before it rains.

Finished the essays, started on the exams. Fixit done, though not really successfully.
I know it's a genus.