Main Menu

August Research Thread

Started by darkstarrynight, August 01, 2024, 11:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Another day of just marking.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 17, 2024, 04:08:55 PMAnother day of just marking.

Half done my exams. Also had a look at some T3 tidying; nothing too much still needs doing. I did track down an impossible historical reference, which is nice.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

More grading. Hopefully the last of it.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

My book manuscript was sent to reviewers.
The chapter with my friend got revisions back from the editor due 9/30.
I have conference proposal reviews to do by 9/5.
I still need to finish my chapter with my spouse before 8/26.
I have a guest review to do for a journal special issue by 9/30.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 18, 2024, 07:46:37 AMMore grading. Hopefully the last of it.

Done. Just have to meet my cheaters and input grades tomorrow.

Quote from: darkstarrynight on August 18, 2024, 03:44:44 PMMy book manuscript was sent to reviewers.
The chapter with my friend got revisions back from the editor due 9/30.
I have conference proposal reviews to do by 9/5.
I still need to finish my chapter with my spouse before 8/26.
I have a guest review to do for a journal special issue by 9/30.

Congratulations! Well done!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Meeting with cheaters then submitting grades. So I'd like to do a bit of the cleanup work on T3 today.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 19, 2024, 07:06:36 AMMeeting with cheaters then submitting grades. So I'd like to do a bit of the cleanup work on T3 today.

That sounds tough.

I made some progress on the chapter with spouse. I added the two sources the editors recommended, and then starting reading and adding sources I found. It is a lot to read, so after reading new literature, reorganizing the manuscript, and adding somewhere around 800 words, I took a break for lunch. I did block out time over the next few days. My spouse returns from exotic vacation abroad with friends on Thursday, which gives us the weekend to finish the chapter together. Otherwise, I would suggest their contributions are minimal, but I did drag them into this.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on August 02, 2024, 06:22:54 PMMy August goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 (with colleague) - do more interviews and get it ready for journal submission
  • Finalize paper #2 for September conference (with colleagues)
  • Submit paper #3 to journal (with colleagues)
  • Keep chipping away at book #1
  • Make a few updates to my otherwise completed chapters for book #2 (with colleague)

I finished a draft of Chapter 6 for book #1. Planning to do some outlining for Chapter 7 today and begin writing this week.

I should also work on paper #1 this week. We're done conducting interviews, so my task is to rewrite the draft to incorporate the new qualitative data, while also strengthening the theoretical argument. Maybe tomorrow I can dedicate the full day to it.

My other projects are in my colleagues' hands at the moment.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 19, 2024, 07:06:36 AMMeeting with cheaters then submitting grades. So I'd like to do a bit of the cleanup work on T3 today.

Done with T3.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I did all but one conference proposal review, because one was not blinded. I contacted the program chair to see if I should still review it since the process is supposed to be double blinded.

I also started on revisions and responses to comments on my chapter with my friend.

Parasaurolophus

Nothing today, I think. We're headed to the science museum in the morning, on the assumption the hatchling will be interested, then I have some carpenter ants to deal with. (Or, anyway, I have to judge the extent of their damage.)
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Nothing as of right now for me - taught my first class in person for the semester. My editor said the reviewers are missing a chapter of my book manuscript, but in the attachment she sent me of what I sent her, everything is in there when I open it. She sent me a screen shot that one chapter is missing, so I sent back the file of that one chapter. So strange. The reviewers hopefully did not skip that one because otherwise the rest of the book will not have a foundation.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on August 02, 2024, 06:22:54 PMMy August goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 (with colleague) - do more interviews and get it ready for journal submission
  • Finalize paper #2 for September conference (with colleagues)
  • Submit paper #3 to journal (with colleagues)
  • Keep chipping away at book #1
  • Make a few updates to my otherwise completed chapters for book #2 (with colleague)

Paper #3 is off.

Parasaurolophus

Bit of book work today. Should also glance at a new paper to referee.
I know it's a genus.

treeoflife

Working on the book. Minor corrections from the editor and finished a grant proposal that will cover the indexing.

Finished reviewing an article.