News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

August Research Thread

Started by darkstarrynight, August 01, 2024, 11:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstarrynight

Today I dabbled in both chapters - adding to the chapter with my spouse and revising the chapter with my friend.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 21, 2024, 07:59:28 AMBit of book work today. Should also glance at a new paper to referee.

Bit of both, and started the shell for my bonus course.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Meeting with my mentee today. Other than that, reading for the referee report and some shell work.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on August 02, 2024, 06:22:54 PMMy August goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 (with colleague) - do more interviews and get it ready for journal submission
  • Finalize paper #2 for September conference (with colleagues)
  • Submit paper #3 to journal (with colleagues)
  • Get to work on paper #4 (R&R, due in late-September)[/s]
  • Keep chipping away at book #1
  • Make a few updates to my otherwise completed chapters for book #2 (with colleague)

Woke up to an R&R - adding it to my list.

Parasaurolophus

Have another meeting this morning. Otherwise, I hope to make some small book progress, and more progress on the shell for the bonus course.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I worked on my chapter with spouse and a tiny bit on the chapter with my friend. The chapter with my spouse is very close. I sent hu a list of what to wrap up with me and I hope we can submit before the deadline (which is Monday).

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 23, 2024, 08:07:28 AMHave another meeting this morning. Otherwise, I hope to make some small book progress, and more progress on the shell for the bonus course.

Bout 500 words and some reading. Finished reading for the report, too.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Probably not much time today. If there is any, I'll either work on T5 or the book.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 24, 2024, 07:49:42 AMProbably not much time today. If there is any, I'll either work on T5 or the book.

Translated a bit.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Hoping to do some writing today. Maybe also start on the referee report.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 25, 2024, 07:51:57 AMHoping to do some writing today. Maybe also start on the referee report.

Polished a section, tracked some elusive sources down, started updating syllabi.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on August 01, 2024, 11:47:00 AMAugust Goals
  • Submit chapter with spouse by 8/12
  • Submit R&R by 8/15

It is magical: both goals were met! Spouse and I finished our chapter yesterday and submitted it. The editors confirmed its receipt on a Sunday too! Today I am back to revisions on the chapter with my friend due at the end of September.

treeoflife

Reviewing a draft of a book review and minor editing on a book chapter. Finished a grant proposal for indexing.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on August 26, 2024, 06:56:32 AM
  • Submit R&R by 8/15

It is magical: both goals were met! Spouse and I finished our chapter yesterday and submitted it. The editors confirmed its receipt on a Sunday too! Today I am back to revisions on the chapter with my friend due at the end of September.

I am on a roll - just finished these and submitted them over a month early! Now I have the following to do: review a manuscript as a guest reviewer for a journal special issue (due 9/30) and complete an external review for P&T at another institution (due in October).

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on August 26, 2024, 10:29:12 AM
Quote from: darkstarrynight on August 26, 2024, 06:56:32 AM
  • Submit R&R by 8/15

I am on a roll - just finished these and submitted them over a month early! Now I have the following to do: review a manuscript as a guest reviewer for a journal special issue (due 9/30) and complete an external review for P&T at another institution (due in October).

Completed the manuscript review! This is a very productive August!