News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

September Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, September 01, 2024, 07:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

More book or book review today, I hope. Provided the hatchling sleeps.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 13, 2024, 07:31:51 AMMore book or book review today, I hope. Provided the hatchling sleeps.

750 words, and a few pages of T4.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I don't expect much time today, so probably just more work on T4 today. At this rate, I can have my share of it done and waiting for my co-translator to start in a couple weeks.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 14, 2024, 07:26:26 AMI don't expect much time today, so probably just more work on T4 today. At this rate, I can have my share of it done and waiting for my co-translator to start in a couple weeks.

Did a few pages.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Hopefully, today I'll have a chance to do some book writing. And take a nap.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 15, 2024, 07:05:48 AMHopefully, today I'll have a chance to do some book writing. And take a nap.

About 800 words, several pages of T4, and prepped for tomorrow. Also graded two items.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Bit of book work while I commute, or he book review. Or both.
I know it's a genus.

treeoflife

I will get the final contract this week. Final draft should be sent in January, I hope to get a grant for the indexing.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: treeoflife on September 16, 2024, 12:31:51 PMI will get the final contract this week. Final draft should be sent in January, I hope to get a grant for the indexing.

That's fab, well done!

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 16, 2024, 07:40:57 AMBit of book work while I commute, or he book review. Or both.

Meh, neither. Didn't have the energy, so just translated.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on September 01, 2024, 10:24:35 AMSeptember goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 (with colleague)
  • Present paper #2 at conference (with colleagues)
  • Finish revising paper #3 (solo) and send it back to the journal (due in mid-September)
  • Make significant progress on book #1 (with colleague)
  • Keep chipping away at book #2 (solo), hopefully receive contract

Conference done, R&R submitted, and spent a week in the woods hiking and making great progress on book #1.

I'm planning to spend a bit more time on book #1 this week, but I've made enough progress to feel good about crossing it off the list.

(And contract for book #2 should be coming any day now)

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on September 11, 2024, 05:34:26 PMAccepted another manuscript review as a guest reviewer, due in early October.

Got this review done today. The encyclopedia entry I wrote with my friend in January got published this week.

Parasaurolophus

Wrote about 650 words, translated a bit.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Maybe a bit of book reviewing this afternoon.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on September 17, 2024, 08:29:11 AM
Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on September 01, 2024, 10:24:35 AMSeptember goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 (with colleague)
  • Present paper #2 at conference (with colleagues)
  • Finish revising paper #3 (solo) and send it back to the journal (due in mid-September)
  • Make significant progress on book #1 (with colleague)
  • Keep chipping away at book #2 (solo), hopefully receive contract

Conference done, R&R submitted, and spent a week in the woods hiking and making great progress on book #1.

I'm planning to spend a bit more time on book #1 this week, but I've made enough progress to feel good about crossing it off the list.

(And contract for book #2 should be coming any day now)

I polished one chapter of book #1 yesterday and will try to do another today. If I can keep distractions at bay, then I'm cautiously optimistic that we can have a solid draft ready by the end of September (probably minus the conclusion chapter).

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 18, 2024, 09:24:05 AMMaybe a bit of book reviewing this afternoon.

Cleaned up what I had, and wrote a good chunk (maybe 600 words?). It's in decent shape now, though it still needs another 400 or so words. Doing that will require digging into the book, which I'm not super keen to do for whatever reason. I guess it just seems hard.
I know it's a genus.