News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

September Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, September 01, 2024, 07:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Gotta get some of that indexing and proofing done after yesterday's wasted day. Unfortunately, other things will intrude today.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Sun_Worshiper

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 26, 2024, 06:45:02 AMGotta get some of that indexing and proofing done after yesterday's wasted day. Unfortunately, other things will intrude today.

Halfway through the proofing.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Hope the hatchling naps. If so, I'll send in my other referee report and work on proofing and indexing.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 27, 2024, 07:16:44 AMHope the hatchling naps. If so, I'll send in my other referee report and work on proofing and indexing.

30 pages and index polish to go.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'd like to get another 10-15 pages of proofing done today.

Also got another referee request this morning. Sigh.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on September 01, 2024, 10:24:35 AMSeptember goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 (with colleague)
  • Present paper #2 at conference (with colleagues)
  • Finish revising paper #3 (solo) and send it back to the journal (due in mid-September)
  • Make significant progress on book #1 (with colleague)
  • Keep chipping away at book #2 (solo), hopefully receive contract

Finished a draft of book #1 yesterday - except the final chapter, which we'll hold off on for the moment. Putting this on the back burner until November.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 28, 2024, 07:49:40 AMI'd like to get another 10-15 pages of proofing done today.

Also got another referee request this morning. Sigh.

Done all the proofing, except for the enormous list of endnotes.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I expect no time today. So I'll finish the proofing. Indexing would be nice, but we'll see.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 29, 2024, 07:46:26 AMI expect no time today. So I'll finish the proofing. Indexing would be nice, but we'll see.

Did that.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 30, 2024, 06:38:46 AMIndexing today.

Oof, done. Apart from ensuring it conforms to the house style, which has not yet been provided to me.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on September 01, 2024, 10:24:35 AMSeptember goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 (with colleague)
  • Present paper #2 at conference (with colleagues)
  • Finish revising paper #3 (solo) and send it back to the journal (due in mid-September)
  • Make significant progress on book #1 (with colleague)
  • Keep chipping away at book #2 (solo), hopefully receive contract

I'm struggling to get back into the groove on book #2 today, after putting it aside for the last month to concentrate on other things. Hopefully I can get into the zone on this project in short order...

Parasaurolophus

I suppose I should return to either the book or T4/T5 today. Really, I need to mark, but I'm commuting and so won't have much intarwebz to do that.

Oh, wait. I see I got the style guide. So: index polishing, plus a tiny bit of something else.
I know it's a genus.