News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

October Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, October 01, 2024, 11:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I forgot to post all day, yet nobody beat me to it! New month, more work.

Monthly goals:

• Complete referee report
  • Submit book review
  • Generate a conference presentation
  • Work on the book
  • Continue translating T4 (it'd be nice to finish my part, actually)

Surely I've forgotten something.
I know it's a genus.

dinomom

Hi!

Goals for October:
-submit R&R
-finish two books on reading list
-work on book review if time

Parasaurolophus

I expect I won't have any time to do anything today or tomorrow. But if I do, I'll tweak my book review and do some translating.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I have a handful of minutes now to do some translating or referee reading, but don't expect any more today.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

October goals:
  • Keep chipping away at book #1 (solo)

Backburner projects:
  • Book #2 (with colleague)
  • Paper #1 (with colleague)
  • Paper #2 (with colleagues)

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 03, 2024, 06:32:45 AMI have a handful of minutes now to do some translating or referee reading, but don't expect any more today.

I translated a couple of pages.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today I'll look over my book review and start on the referee report (reading for it, that is). I may also do a spot of translation, for fun.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 04, 2024, 06:58:12 AMToday I'll look over my book review and start on the referee report (reading for it, that is). I may also do a spot of translation, for fun.

Started the referee report (about 1/3 done) and translated a bit, but I was too tired today to attempt much, and I did some grading, too. Ugh. I have a huge pile. And a small set of proofed chunks of T1 came in the mail.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

More reading for the referee report, more grading. And today, I'll look at the book review again.
I know it's a genus.

dinomom

Not much writing yet but halfway through first book on my list already! (thanks public transit!)

darkstarrynight

October Goals
  • Organize reviews on book manuscript by chapter as they come in

I received the first peer review of my entire book manuscript so I need start organizing feedback by chapter and reviewer. There are four more coming between now and mid-November. I also am waiting for a decision on the chapter with my spouse, which I likely will get back this month. I also am hopeful to get a decision on my sabbatical manuscript revision soon.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 05, 2024, 07:05:34 AMMore reading for the referee report, more grading. And today, I'll look at the book review again.

Finished the review, did a pile of grading. But my workday was cut in half. Sigh.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

More grading today, plus some referee reading, I hope.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on October 05, 2024, 04:28:06 PMOctober Goals
  • Organize reviews on book manuscript by chapter as they come in

I made a response table document for each chapter and case study, and tables for each reviewer's comments and my responses. I started putting in comments for the first few chapters/cases but I will finish that later. At least I have the structure for it ready to go.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 06, 2024, 07:33:03 AMMore grading today, plus some referee reading, I hope.

Caught up on grading (but more tomorrow!), finished the article, translated a page.
I know it's a genus.