News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

October Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, October 01, 2024, 11:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I think I'll use the commute to write up that referee report (accept). Anything else today is gravy.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Today I did an initial read on manuscripts for which I am discussant at a conference later this month. I forgot to put that on my goals for the month. I will be presenting during the session in three weeks.

I also accepted a manuscript review request (due in early December). My sabbatical project manuscript revision status on the journal portal shows "awaiting final decision" so reviewer feedback has been submitted. I will wait anxiously for good news!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 07, 2024, 07:33:30 AMI think I'll use the commute to write up that referee report (accept). Anything else today is gravy.

Wrote it up, though I have a couple small things to check. Also translated a few pages of T4.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today, I finish and send off that report, then... I guess I need to start on my conference presentation. 0_o
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 08, 2024, 08:30:52 AMToday, I finish and send off that report, then... I guess I need to start on my conference presentation. 0_o

Report sent. Started on my slides, and also condensed 400 pages of material for them down to 3.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 09, 2024, 07:59:57 AMMore slide work today.

I think I pretty much have the presentation made, minus some tweaking.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Yesterday, my partner for T1 and T3 sent the proposal for T3 to the society which controls publication in a major series at a major University Press (the same press and series that's publishing T1). This morning, we were told that the entire editorial board had already read the book and are very eager to push its publication.

Historians in my field have a reputation for being slow. 0_o

Anyway, today I'm marking (catastrophic?) midterms and maybe working a bit on T4 or the presentation.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 10, 2024, 07:57:29 AMAnyway, today I'm marking (catastrophic?) midterms and maybe working a bit on T4 or the presentation.

Did that. About halfway through the midterm stack.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today, more marking and then some presentation and T4 work. It'd be nice to finish the midterms, or get close, since I'll have more next week.
I know it's a genus.

secundem_artem

Paper was accepted!!!  Hooray!!  Only had to go through R&R once.

Nearly done the lit review for the next project.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: secundem_artem on October 11, 2024, 12:59:47 PMPaper was accepted!!!  Hooray!!  Only had to go through R&R once.

Congratulations!

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 11, 2024, 07:56:39 AMToday, more marking and then some presentation and T4 work. It'd be nice to finish the midterms, or get close, since I'll have more next week.

My work time got scuppered again. Sigh.

I did, however, just finish marking this batch of midterms. The average was... 36%. What horrifies me most is how long they all took to write it, given how few questions most of them answered.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today, I have a few straggling bits to mark, and I'd like to make some presentation progress. And a small bit of T4.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 12, 2024, 07:24:08 AMToday, I have a few straggling bits to mark, and I'd like to make some presentation progress. And a small bit of T4.

Did some hard labour instead, and made some T3 adjustments. Oops.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I will genuinely work on the presentation today, having cleared all other pressing matters.
I know it's a genus.