News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

October Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, October 01, 2024, 11:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 13, 2024, 07:41:44 AMI will genuinely work on the presentation today, having cleared all other pressing matters.

Did that. I think it's done. I need to practice it a few times, but it should be good to go.

Also, I accepted another referee request. (Whyyyyy? That's 17 so far this year. But... I'm curious!)
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: secundem_artem on October 11, 2024, 12:59:47 PMPaper was accepted!!!  Hooray!!  Only had to go through R&R once.

Nearly done the lit review for the next project.

Congratulations!
I also accepted another referee request, Parasaurolophus, so I have two simultaneously but at least six weeks until they are both due. Today I plan to work on putting in the first book peer reviewer's feedback into my response table.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: darkstarrynight on October 14, 2024, 08:15:04 AMI also accepted another referee request, Parasaurolophus, so I have two simultaneously but at least six weeks until they are both due.

You fool! ;)

For my part, today's a holiday, so I can hopefully get a small chunk of something done. I'm not sure what. I guess I have a few small edits to make to a book review, so I should do that. And then maybe some T4 work?
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I never got around to my book review, but I did provide feedback on a preliminary exam. I hope to get to it tomorrow.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 14, 2024, 09:08:31 AMFor my part, today's a holiday, so I can hopefully get a small chunk of something done. I'm not sure what. I guess I have a few small edits to make to a book review, so I should do that. And then maybe some T4 work?

Quote from: darkstarrynight on October 14, 2024, 08:24:05 PMI never got around to my book review, but I did provide feedback on a preliminary exam. I hope to get to it tomorrow.

Like you, I didn't get to my book review (hatchling didn't nap). But I did do a bit of T4.
I know it's a genus.

dinomom

Almost finished reading book #1 for the month (about time!)
Making some good progress on the R&R - about to do one more hour on it

Parasaurolophus

Right, today I definitely have time to work on the review, so I'll do that. Then, T4 or maybe just maybe book 2.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 15, 2024, 07:52:40 AMRight, today I definitely have time to work on the review, so I'll do that. Then, T4 or maybe just maybe book 2.

Did a ton of translating, as well as my index proofs.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Not sure about today. Maybe more T4, or maybe just reading for a referee report.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I reviewed an advisee's preliminary exam and colleagues' P&T materials today so I did not (once again) get to the book feedback, argh!

dinomom

made great progress yesterday. no time to work on the article today, but spending my next 45 minutes finishing up job dossier.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 16, 2024, 06:51:35 AMNot sure about today. Maybe more T4, or maybe just reading for a referee report.

Hatchling didn't nap, so nothing.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today, back to yesterday's goals: I'll read a bit for the referee report. I have some manual labour to perform too, however, so that will suck up most of my time.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Finished P&T reviews and had a curriculum meeting, so no progress yet on the book.