News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Dog to English Translator

Started by archaeo42, May 21, 2019, 05:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nebo113

Quote from: Sea_Ice on July 29, 2024, 04:02:22 AM
Quote from: nebo113 on July 27, 2024, 05:21:09 PMI was acquired by an 11 pound canine who seems to be an overgrown yorkie channeling Benjie.  I've never had a critter who needed to be groomed, and I'm wondering why a canine has hair that grows so long it curls over his eyes.  What was the purpose?  He goes to the groomer this coming week.

Awwwww!  He sounds adorable!

Since you've never dealt with a dog post-groomer... well, here's a very short video from Jonny Devaney on that subject https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Ul0XtsBhvuw

Thanks!  He is adorable and, fortunately. he and other canine have adjusted fairly well.  He was an unplanned addition.  The video is hilarious!

apl68

My latest sighting of "Rover" and his friends was just Rover for a change.  Wonder how he got loose to roam when none of the others did?  Or maybe nobody else felt like getting out this morning?  That seems unlikely.

Rover's not bad company, but he has developed an unfortunate tendency to troll other dogs in fenced-in yards that we pass along the way.  He really got "Patch" stirred up.  He ran up and down and up and down the fence line, provoking and barking and carrying on.  It was all very loud and unnecessary.  Just because Patch has a disagreeable personality doesn't make it okay to taunt him.
For our light affliction, which is only for a moment, works for us a far greater and eternal weight of glory.  We look not at the things we can see, but at those we can't.  For the things we can see are temporary, but those we can't see are eternal.

nebo113

Quote from: nebo113 on July 29, 2024, 05:57:05 AM
Quote from: Sea_Ice on July 29, 2024, 04:02:22 AM
Quote from: nebo113 on July 27, 2024, 05:21:09 PMI was acquired by an 11 pound canine who seems to be an overgrown yorkie channeling Benjie.  I've never had a critter who needed to be groomed, and I'm wondering why a canine has hair that grows so long it curls over his eyes.  What was the purpose?  He goes to the groomer this coming week.

Awwwww!  He sounds adorable!

Since you've never dealt with a dog post-groomer... well, here's a very short video from Jonny Devaney on that subject https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Ul0XtsBhvuw

Thanks!  He is adorable and, fortunately. he and other canine have adjusted fairly well.  He was an unplanned addition.  The video is hilarious!
Went to groomer.  Lost weight....Haha.  Looks like a big rat with a golden head.

Sun_Worshiper

I'm watching a fun documentary on Netflix called Inside the Mind of a Dog that covers some of the studies and experiments done to understand dog cognition. I tried one on my dog and she failed spectacularly.

nebo113

O
Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on August 11, 2024, 06:29:18 PMI'm watching a fun documentary on Netflix called Inside the Mind of a Dog that covers some of the studies and experiments done to understand dog cognition. I tried one on my dog and she failed spectacularly.

Or was the biped the failure....teehee

apl68

My parents recently told their dog to come back to them again five minutes later.  And he did, right on time!
For our light affliction, which is only for a moment, works for us a far greater and eternal weight of glory.  We look not at the things we can see, but at those we can't.  For the things we can see are temporary, but those we can't see are eternal.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: nebo113 on August 12, 2024, 05:57:43 AMO
Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on August 11, 2024, 06:29:18 PMI'm watching a fun documentary on Netflix called Inside the Mind of a Dog that covers some of the studies and experiments done to understand dog cognition. I tried one on my dog and she failed spectacularly.

Or was the biped the failure....teehee

It is quite possible

aside

Quote from: apl68 on August 12, 2024, 07:22:26 AMMy parents recently told their dog to come back to them again five minutes later.  And he did, right on time!
Sidedog can tell time; she knows her dinner time down to the second.

apl68

While visiting my brother recently, I made acquaintance of their Great Pyrenees sheep dog.  He's an enormous dog who is just about done getting in his full growth, and still thinks of himself as a puppy.  Training him to act like a grown-up who doesn't jump all over people is still a work in progress.  He's a big, friendly goof.

They have cats as well, and the dog likes to show affection for them by licking them.  They come away all damp and looking like a cow has been licking them, and probably feeling pretty disgusted by the whole thing.  My brother got me laughing by imagining a far-fetched scenario where the dog accidentally ingests one of the cats when the cat gets too close to his big doggie treats.  "Oh, I just ate a cat!  I didn't mean to!  I'm going to be in trouble now!"