News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Didn't get back to the bee yesterday after posting here.

broil/launched (I think)

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH yesterday, last word ligating. Genius with pangram today.

LB: I had crunched-diabolo. I was surprised that the second word was accepted! Various solutions this time.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we almost got to team QB but needed bee buddy for ligating.

I also had broil-launched yesterday.  Got a quick 2fer today!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. QB yesterday, with octet as the last word.

diversions/stickle

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH for jeté and bootee. Genius with pangram today.

LB: discovert-tinkle. I discovered that discovert refers to a woman not under the protection of a husband—a widow, spinster, divorcée, according to the online dictionary. (Yes, they did use the word "spinster".) No 2fer yet today, despite many good words that just do not go together.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good day!

Got past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I needed help with three words I thought I had: deject(ed), dotted.

For LB I had overstock-kindle.  Lots of solutions! I definitely had not heard of discovert before, cathwen.  Hopefully that one has fallen out of favor, but I'm glad you were able to make use of it!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB. QB yesterday, with tartar as the last word.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning/afternoon!

I never finished SB yesterday! Looking at the answers, I missed barbarity, rarity, ribbit, and tutti. Today I am at genius with both pangrams.

LB: Again, I never got back to it, but probably never would have found kleptomania.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

Back from Europe - great trip. Now off to a conference and hoping this tickle in my throat is just an allergy to my host's cat.

QBwHFIF (QB with Hint From Italian Friend) for tutti. LB jerk-kleptomania.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good day!

Got to QBABM! Yesterday I almost made it but couldn't figure out tutti for the life of me despite usually getting that one.  At least we had team QB.

No luck on LB yesterday.  Maybe today!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG, last word oleo. LB needed a nudge to try vilifying-growth because while I saw it, I thought it had 2 Ls.

Genius with pangram but nowhere on Letterboxed so far.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB. QB yesterday.

Off to the physical therapist. It's been a rough four weeks, but now that I have an appointment, the problems have miraculously disappeared. The last pain pill I took was around 3 AM Sunday morning. Until then, it's been anywhere between two to three a day.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday I got to QB and think my final word was oboe.

No luck on LB.  Congrats, ciao_yall!

Langue_doc, sorry to hear that you have been in pain for so long! I hope the appointment or even the fact that it exists helps you.  Doesn't that always happen?! Feel better soon!

Happy solving!