News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Easy genius and pangram for me today, now I'm seven words short of QB, which seems impossible.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Good morning!

I got to QBABM! And husband followed a few seconds later.  So good luck! The pangram took me a while yesterday but really took husband a while.  My final words were the ones mentioned here, pawl, pawpaw, papaw.  The first one is one I don't think I had heard of.  Husband said afterward that it is familiar to him from a ratchet and pawl set or something like that, but he wouldn't have found it without guessing.  And after getting pawpaw I thought maybe there was a variant spelling I had seen in the crossword.  Anyway, that was a tough one.  Today the words are all familiar, from what I can recall.

I also got warmup-politics yesterday.  Congrats on getting one today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Yay! Managed to get a 2fer!

ciao_yall

Yay ab_grp! I think I gave up too fast. I had one of the words but not a second when I went for a hint.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

monarda

One word short of QB today, and I'm giving up. I hope when I look at the solution tomorrow AM that it's something very obscure.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius but no pangram yet. QB yesterday, the last word was civic.

cynics/skimboard

Crosswords are done.

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB - last word was tinct. I keep forgetting that one.

LB - stuck in 3fer land including corkboards-san-nimby then finally got a hint for dynamic-corkboards. For some reason corkboards seemed like such a weird word I wasn't trying too hard to find a mate. Also had brainiac-condoms-sky, comb-braids-snarky. Not sure why I keep second-guessing myself.

Lesson learned - don't give up.

Anyway, happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday, with a nudge on the last two words:  icily and tinilyTinily?  Really?  Oh well. 

Today I am at genius with the pangram, but it took a while to get there.  QB?  Maybe not today, but we'll see.  SB is not accepting two words that I know very well are words, and it's annoying me.

LB:  I had skimboard-dynamic.  And today, I finally found a 2fer, although with a good bit of difficulty.  It's one of those days when I'm not seeing things very easily.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Today's bee feels like a struggle for some reason! I did get to GN4L but not Alpha.  I have also tried a bunch of words that I thought might be in there that weren't.  I think civic, civilly were some of my final words, and I wasn't sure why tinnily wasn't in there. 

I had dynamic-corkboards yesterday, so sort of the schmofficial solution.  Sorry you were so close, ciao_yall! Some good 3fers! Congrats on your 2fer today, cathwen!

I thought today's crossword was kind of a neat one. 

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Okay, so... just hit G, WP, and it's missing a few words I think should be in there. At this point I start thinking "Meh, probably some bee specials, better go to the forum board to finish it off."

And I have lots of 3fers and a 2fer b4ss. I think I need to discipline myself to stay out of it for a while so that I won't get bored and go get hints while looking up Bee hints.

I can do it... I just don't apply myself, like my parents used to tell me.

ab_grp

We both got to Alpha and each have two words that are the same lengths.  Trying not to go to Shunn, but geez.

I have some good contenders that seem close, but no cigar yet.  Good hunting, ciao_yall!

Parasaurolophus

I'm only halfway to genius today, but I found a 2fer on LB pretty easily, for once!

I don't often find them, but if I do, it's usually in a few minutes.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Congrats on your 2fer, Parasaurolophus!!

We each got one more word and decided to compare first letters.  I only needed a 4-letter (those were hard for me today in general), and I felt like I had tried everything! Argh, should have gotten that one on my own.  Oh well! We got farther than I thought we would have.

Just realized I have an hour and a half meeting that I had forgotten about, so that will take up a chunk of puzzle time! Another argh.

Langue_doc

I'm still missing the pangram and one more word. Aaaargh!