News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

August Research

Started by Parasaurolophus, August 02, 2021, 10:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstarrynight

Yesterday I finished my class preparation, so this morning I cranked out the revisions for the manuscript due Friday. I am waiting on approval from one of the coauthors to submit, and it can get in a few days early! Now I am furiously trying to cut down my article for the "lay language" newsletter. I never heard from any coauthors on their help, so I am trying to do this myself. If I can get this done, I can focus next week solely on the manuscript due 9/1.

Parasaurolophus

I doubt I'll have any time today, but if I do then it's the R&R, which is nearly done.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on August 18, 2021, 09:38:55 AM
Yesterday I finished my class preparation, so this morning I cranked out the revisions for the manuscript due Friday. I am waiting on approval from one of the coauthors to submit, and it can get in a few days early! Now I am furiously trying to cut down my article for the "lay language" newsletter. I never heard from any coauthors on their help, so I am trying to do this myself. If I can get this done, I can focus next week solely on the manuscript due 9/1.

I submitted the newsletter article today too! I am so relieved. Now I have one manuscript to finish next week and THEN I can focus on my long-term project.

mamselle

Quote from: darkstarrynight on August 18, 2021, 04:44:10 PM
Quote from: darkstarrynight on August 18, 2021, 09:38:55 AM

I submitted the newsletter article today too! I am so relieved. Now I have one manuscript to finish next week and THEN I can focus on my long-term project.

Yea!

I read twenty pages of Latin uncials.

My eyes are fried.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ergative

-Finish revisions of publeme 1 and submit in progress
-Do that final review
-Make progress on the CS AI project In progress
-Revise publeme 2 and submit (may go into September)

What is it with all these people knocking out R&R 1 in one day and now working on submission #2? I wrote a footnote for publeme 1 this morning and feel pretty pleased with myself! Good grief.

Parasaurolophus

More work on the R&R, if time allows.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

More uncials, more slides.

Evening student canceled; more time.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 19, 2021, 07:45:59 AM
More work on the R&R, if time allows.

Alas, only had time for a tiny bit. But I'm pretty much there already...
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on August 08, 2021, 11:17:47 AM
I just got back from vacation, so I'm feeling reinvigorated and ready to dive into some research. However, the semester starts in a couple of weeks and so non-research obligations will start eating into my time soon. With that said, here are my ongoing goals, which I plan to make progress on in August:

• Finalize paper #1 with colleagues and submit to journal
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleague
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleague
  • Start outlining invited book chapter
  • Finish teaching case with colleague
  • Begin outlining book proposal based on ongoing research project and/or think about other new research projects to move forward with
  • Get my new research assistant to work on ongoing data collection project

I met with my colleague about paper #2 and made some conceptual progress - although he seems too busy to really think about it (and I have other priorities) so this may get pushed to the backburner.

I also outlined the invited book chapter, although I don't want to go too far since I haven't heard from the editor to confirm the timeline.

Parasaurolophus

Not much time to do stuff today, but I put in half an hour fixing up a few last items on the R&R, so I'm even closer to resubmitting now.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today, I'll try to finish up the R&R.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 23, 2021, 08:13:06 AM
Today, I'll try to finish up the R&R.

Wrote most of my response, but still wanna tinker a bit in the guts of the paper.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

More tiny bits finished, and I'm sending a drafty draft to a colleague for feedback.

It's 2/3 clear sailing through the slides minus some fact-checking here and there.

More work yet to be done on the article, but once the slides are done, it comes next.

M.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on August 08, 2021, 11:17:47 AM

• Finalize paper #1 with colleagues and submit to journal
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleague
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleague
  • Start outlining invited book chapter
  • Finish teaching case with colleague
  • Begin outlining book proposal based on ongoing research project and/or think about other new research projects to move forward with
  • Get my new research assistant to work on ongoing data collection project
  • Get paper #4 (desk rejected) back under review
  • Get paper #5 (rejected, with reviews) back under review

Two article rejections today - one desk reject and one with reviews... pretty frustrating, but hey I guess this is the business we chose for ourselves. Anyway, I have to add these to my list. I'll get the desk rejected article back under review quickly, since there is no reviewer feedback to incorporate. Not sure about the piece that underwent peer review, since I haven't looked at reviews yet, but that will jump to the top of my priority list in September.

mamselle