News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

August research thread

Started by sinenomine, August 01, 2022, 04:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Friend-editing for a bit first, followed by more work on B.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

darkstarrynight

I was back scanning and then in the library doing more edits yesterday for the sabbatical project. I also met with my colleague/friend who decided I should solo author the book proposal/eventual book if approved, and I spent much of the afternoon yesterday on that. This morning I got even further on the book proposal (it is about 95% completed) so I feel confident about submitting it on time before the end of the month/early next week. I did a little work on my fellowship project today, for which I have a meeting this afternoon.

mamselle

Quote from: mamselle on August 26, 2022, 08:27:28 AM
Friend-editing for a bit first, followed by more work on B.

M.

Friend-editing tranche done for today; good start on the first-section-to-be-finished.

Lunch now, more on that section, hopefully to be finished today.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 26, 2022, 08:15:26 AM
I suppose I'll start writing one of those reports. Then read my quota.

Report half done, quota read.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'd like to finish one of the reports today, but not sure I'll get a chance. Otherwise, just the reading quota.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Tiny bit of friend-editing done; they've just said it's not urgent, so setting aside for now.

More work untangling those obstreperous 18th c. folk, a few are getting a bit less ghostly, but they're still hiding from me!

Lunch, more later.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 27, 2022, 10:26:44 AM
I'd like to finish one of the reports today, but not sure I'll get a chance. Otherwise, just the reading quota.

No time at all, everything left undone. Oh well.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

More done after lunch; dinner and bed now...

More in the AM.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Gonna try to finish one report and then read a double-quota (yuck).
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

I'm fighting off end-of-August-I-want-my-vacation-NOW! blahs, with only three days to go before Article B is due.

Where's that old excited adrenaline rush when you need it!?

More work on the article anyway, today...be grateful that it's a wanted child.

M.

mamselle

Quote from: mamselle on August 28, 2022, 09:12:56 AM
I'm fighting off end-of-August-I-want-my-vacation-NOW! blahs, with only three days to go before Article B is due.

Where's that old excited adrenaline rush when you need it!?

More work on the article anyway, today...be grateful that it's a wanted child.

M.

More poking, fewer results = time to stop poking.

Especially when I see a name in a newspaper article and I catch myself idly thinking maybe I should look it up to see if their wedding shows  up in Foster's "London Marriage Licenses, 1521-1869"....

Snack, back to editing and no more poking.

M. 

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 28, 2022, 08:08:35 AM
Gonna try to finish one report and then read a double-quota (yuck).

Something took up the afternoon, so didn't read. Oh well.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Either the second report, or reading. We'll see.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on August 01, 2022, 07:00:42 AM
August Goals

• Finalize all prep work for sabbatical project
  • Work on follow-up study manuscript with coauthors
  • Prepare scholarly essay with friend to submit to identified journal
  • Draft and submit book proposal

I am happy to report that I submitted the book proposal yesterday! I feel very excited about that. Now I just wait a month until I face the board that decides whether or not it will proceed to the publisher for consideration. I have been working on my sabbatical project today too. I did accept two manuscripts to review from different journals that I will need to do in September. However, I am feeling really positive right now about my progress so that is definitely a good way to start the week!

mamselle

Getting notes and details pinned down.

Lunch.

Then more notes and details.

M.