Main Menu

July Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, July 01, 2022, 07:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

New month, new thread.

This month:

• Write and submit Book Review.
  • Start and maybe finish publisher's survey thing.
  • Start work on a new paper.

Today: some book reviewing.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Ancient Fellow

Research trip to library in state next door
Email archives in UK.

Finish writing up article.

Finish troublesome chapter of third monograph.
Polish chapter.

Parasaurolophus

I don't expect I'll have much time today, but what I do have I'll devote to the book review.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

July Goals

• Make progress on sabbatical project
  • See if I can do something with scholarly essay to make it publishable
  • Start working on manuscript from recent conference presentation
  • Consider starting on book proposal based on summer course topics

My op-ed came back last night with edits. I already updated it and turned it back in last night. It should be published on Wednesday!

mamselle

OK, from last month's opener:

Article A, continued cleanup and footnote references checked, should finish up soon.
     Sent to expert friend-reader last week, awaiting their suggestions before submitting.
     Will take a day to incorporate those, no longer, then get back to next-up, 'Article B' as noted below.

Article B, more findings to fold in, start wrestling it into compliance with pub. guidelines
     Have been doing more research, plan to finish that today and get started with the additions/tweaks
     Will finish the re-write first, then do the compliance thing. I think it's pretty close as-is, so shouldn't be hard/take long
     Due Aug 1: Send to 2 expert friend-readers mid-month; one already saw the as-is version/encouraged submission; hopeful it'll be OK.

Bk review, keep reading and writing
     Keep dragging heels on this, it should be 'easy,' so it keeps getting put off, but gotta buckle down now.
     Due 'in July, sometime,' want to finish shortly so can concentrate on Article B soon.

Presentation-to-paper transformation, hmmmmm......get started, I guess.
    On hold, enough else going on, and three other little joeys may have to precede this one; no hurry.

Today:
   1. Files are open for notes and such for today for Article B.
   2. Estimate 3 hours to finish that, then short break and open the book and do more reading/note-taking

Food later.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mamselle

Got through all the articles I'd found, made notes, and started incorporating them into the standing text.

Start dinner, then do some reading/note-taking, next, perhaps?

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 02, 2022, 10:07:25 AM
I don't expect I'll have much time today, but what I do have I'll devote to the book review.

Wrote another 500.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

More reviewing, when time allows.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 03, 2022, 11:12:25 AM
More reviewing, when time allows.

I've cleaned up and drawn together about 1500 words, which is just over half of the review's maximum length. I still have some ways to go, but it's getting somewhere.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Aiming for another 500 relatively clean words today.

Yesterday I had a little extra time after the writing and made progress reading a book for a new project, and an article for a different new project.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

More research and writing on Article B.

Reading for book review after that.

M.

mamselle

Got more researched and written on Article B.

Reading now, then a 4 PM call.

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 04, 2022, 11:04:01 AM
Aiming for another 500 relatively clean words today.

Did it, and started a little on a new project.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Things to make progress on (some of these will spill into August or beyond):

• Paper #1 with colleague (ball is currently in colleague's court)
    • Paper #2 with colleague (ball is currently in colleague's court)
    • Paper #3 with colleagues
    • Paper #4 (solo)
    • IRB for project
    • IRB for other project
    • Decide whether to pursue paper #5 with colleague (ball is in my court, but I'm not sure if there is a "there there" and colleague is too busy to take the lead)