News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The grading thread

Started by nonsensical, November 19, 2020, 03:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AvidReader

Quote from: AvidReader on December 07, 2020, 05:03:20 AM
170 essays (and some annotated bibliographies) to go. One batch of grades is due today, and I'm good on those. All the other courses run for 2 more weeks. Phew!

Tough week with tech things, but I'm down to 120 essays and the annotated bibliographies. Of course, I don't even have all the essays yet! Some are due tonight, and the last deadline of the semester is Friday. Ugh.

AR.

evil_physics_witchcraft

I graded three final exams today and I am finally DONE!

EdnaMode

I finished grading final projects yesterday. Have a final this evening.
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

the_geneticist

Lab grades are compiled and done! 

traductio

About 300 pages of grad papers to read at the beginning of the week -- down 200, maybe 100 to go. Fortunately for everyone, some students have really shone, which puts me in a better mood when I read the other, mediocre papers written by understandably tired people.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on December 16, 2020, 03:50:49 PM

Congratulations!

Quote from: the_geneticist on December 17, 2020, 09:45:27 AM

Congratulations!

For my part, I need to mark 10-15 papers today. Our last day of the exam period is Saturday, and marks are due Sunday at 16h00. 0_o
I know it's a genus.

traductio

Quote from: traductio on December 17, 2020, 10:08:43 AM
About 300 pages of grad papers to read at the beginning of the week -- down 200, maybe 100 to go. Fortunately for everyone, some students have really shone, which puts me in a better mood when I read the other, mediocre papers written by understandably tired people.

Nineteen papers down, seven to go. I love grad papers in some ways -- some of the students are really shining, people that I now wish had spoken up in class more often. But I also insist on giving meaningful feedback, and my brain craps out on me after about five papers.

So now I'm taking a break, and by "break," I mean I will be attending my PhD student's proposal defence by Zoom, because it is thesis season.

the_geneticist

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 17, 2020, 10:19:24 AM
Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on December 16, 2020, 03:50:49 PM

Congratulations!

Quote from: the_geneticist on December 17, 2020, 09:45:27 AM

Congratulations!

For my part, I need to mark 10-15 papers today. Our last day of the exam period is Saturday, and marks are due Sunday at 16h00. 0_o

You can do it!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Good luck to everyone who is still grading! You can do it!

Parasaurolophus

Thanks, friends. I marked 16 papers and caught up on the final exams which have been completed so far. So now I can leave the grading jail my partner set up for me!
I know it's a genus.

Anon1787

Dear students: I realize that our LMS's text editor included for essay responses on exams has less functionality than a word processor from 1985, but it is still possible to break your essays into paragraphs!

Langue_doc

Papers have been graded. There are still around ten essays that students were allowed to revise.

nonsensical

I submitted my grades today and am done with my semester. Woohoo!

Parasaurolophus

Gotta get another 15 papers done today, and I'll be able to finish tomorrow and input grades Sunday.
I know it's a genus.

AmLitHist

DONE, at about 1:45 today.  (Grades are due by 5:30 p.m. Monday.)

I'm going to try to get my spring classes all updated and loaded in Bb before it gets taken down starting Tuesday, not to return until January 3.  The incentive is that, if I can manage it, I will have a glorious nearly month-long beak to crochet, clean house, piddle around, and do a lot of nothing before we return on January 19.